ghostyboi

system of 23
he/it/void/end
winged wolf (pterolycus) therian
vent account
pfp made by me
joined september 2019

Constellations - The Oh Hellos
00:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 2:01
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key."
-Intro III by NF

"But there's a moment when you realize parents aren't superheroes or villains. They're painfully, unforgivably human. The question is can you forgive them for being human anyway?"
-Dry by Neal Shusterman

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

Unmade Memories Shattered Like Broken Dreams

8

Justice laughed and threw her arms around Dive. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek, making him blush. He smiled at her slyly and opened his arms for her. She snuggled into him, her hair smelling of that lemony conditioner she used. Dive loved that smell almost as much as he loved Justice. He wrapped his arms around her, content with his life as long as Justice was there with him.
    A few minutes passed. The couple said nothing because there was nothing that needed to be said. They knew in their hearts that they loved each other with everything they had, so there was no need for the inconvenience of words. That was the exact reason for the diamond that Dive had in his back pocket. He just needed to wait for the right moment.
    That moment came sooner than Dive had imagined. The door creaked open slightly, and the figure of his roommate and best friend, Wes, entered the room. Dive shifted into a sitting position on the couch, making Justice stir and sit up as well. Wes had probably just come home from the bar, but he told everyone he was working. Either way, his late-night appearances often ended up with him, Dive, and Justice watching a movie. Dive supposed that when the movie was over, it would be the perfect time to propose.
    "Hey, Wes," Dive said, his voice still a bit tired.
    "Hey," Wes said hurriedly. He usually wasn't this avoidant; he seemed to be racing to put his bag away and get to his room.
    Dive cleared his throat, their bro-signal for needing a wingman. "You want to catch a movie tonight?" he asked, hoping Wes would get the message.
    Wes looked at Dive and then back at his backpack. "Not tonight, man," he said. Was his tone scared?
    Dive narrowed his eyes. He knew Wes could do some sketchy shit, but it was nothing Wes wouldn't share with Dive. What was he hiding? Dive debated asking him, but decided that was a conversation for another day. Today, he was only focusing on one thing. "You sure?" Dive pressed, clearing his throat once more.
    Wes hesitated. "Really, I got some... work to do."
    Dive shot Wes a skeptical look, mixed in with an irritated glare. "C'mon," he said, his tone light, but his face steely. "Your work can't be that important, right?"
    Wes stiffened at those words. He hated when Dive kept pressing. "No," he snapped.
    Dive was about to accuse Wes about his work, but Justice yawned and said, "We can watch a movie tomorrow, right Dive? I'm tired anyways."
    Dive's accusatory expression melted at Justice's words. "Yeah," he said, kissing Justice on the forehead. He would propose tomorrow. Now, he had to figure out why Wes was being so shady.
    He laid half-asleep Justice down on the couch under some blankets and waved Wes into the other room. Wes knew better than to evade Dive; Dive would always find everything out eventually.
    "What did you do?" Dive said in a steely tone as soon as the door closed.
    Wes crossed his arms and started pacing. "It's better if you don't know," he said gruffly, a stark contrast from his usually cheerful voice.
    "Is it the drugs again? I told you, I can give you a loan if you owe somebody-" Dive started to say, but his voice was cut off by Wes.
    "It's not drugs."
    "Then what? Did you murder someone?"
    Dive had meant that sarcastically, but Wes's face stayed stoic. He shifted his gaze to the floor, saying nothing.
    Dive's eyes widened. "Holy shit. You didn't actually...?"
    Wes snapped his eyes back to Dive. "It wasn't my fault," he said.
    Dive shook his head furiously. "Seriously, man? You've done some fucked up stuff, but this? What happened?"
    "I told you, it wasn't my fault," Wes said, his tone now a little aggressive. "Some jackass at the bar had a gun, and a bar fight got out of hand. Next thing I know, the gun's in my hand and there's a guy on top of me. What else could I have done?"
    "Where's the gun now?" Dive asked. His brain was past the shock and was in full survival mode. He knew Wes could be impulsive, but he didn't know he could be this dangerous. Dive had to make sure Justice would be safe around Wes.
    Wes pointed to his backpack. "In there. I didn't know what to do with it."
    "The cops are gonna be all over this, man. You gotta get out of here," Dive said. He didn't know how to cover up a murder, and he sure didn't want to be harboring a fugitive. If Wes stayed, it would throw a wrench in all of Dive's plans with Justice.
    Wes's face hardened. "Yeah, that's not happening."
    "What?"
    "I'm staying here. I can't risk going outside."
    Dive got into Wes's face angrily. "You're not putting Justice into danger," he said, his voice raised.
    "I'm staying," Wes insisted.
    Dive was about to argue, but stopped short at a clicking sound near his head. The gun. Wes must have been lying about it being in his bag; it wouldn't be the first time.
    A gun now pointed at Dive's temple, Wes said with more confidence, "No one's leaving here. I'm not going to jail."
    Dive put his hands out shakily. "Let's not do anything rash," he started to say, unable to keep the fear from his voice.
    "Shut up!" Wes yelled, making Dive jump.
    Then, his eyes widened and his heart sank as he heard the door start to open. Justice. "What's going on?" she asked groggily.
    Wes spun around, his gun trained on Justice. "Don't move, either of you," Wes commanded.
    Justice froze, her face filled with terror. Dive tried to get Wes's attention back on him. "Wes! We'll help you get out of this, just put the gun down."
    Wes looked at Dive, but kept his gun on Justice. He blinked rapidly, seeming to be trying to make a difficult decision. Finally, he opened his mouth to speak. "You know I can't let you live. You're gonna call the police."
    Dive shook his head. "No. No police. Just don't shoot anyone."
    Wes wiped his head of the sweat pouring down his face. His eyes flicked from Justice to Dive.
    Bang.
    Justice!
    Bang.
    No!

Light.
    His life flashed before his eyes. Not his memories, but the images he created of him and Justice together. Memories that would never get to be made. Memories robbed of him. The diamond in his back pocket became suddenly heavy. He would never get to see Justice's face again. Knowing that, what was about to come seemed like a mercy, so they could finally be together. Forever.
    Darkness.
Not really sure what this is, but I hope you enjoy. Feedback would be very much appreciated!

1

• Villi V

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• løne wølf

im simply speechless. this is freaking GORGEOUS.

• books4life

WOW!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! *claps for a long time*

• Sol noctis

Heyo!!!
    This is insanely fantastic! You rock man!!
    Uhh and ya just wanted to let you know about those sketches, my fingers were burnt (cause of something stupid I was doing) so I wouldn't be able to draw or write for sometime.... Have just started typing.... Hope you don't mind.

• Chloe :) <3

Sad and amazing piece! Left my heart shattered! So so beautiful I am in awe! Wow!!

• Jason_claire :)

Woah! This is crazy good! The whole scene, so perfect, was cut short in such an amazing, total plot turning way! I 100% didn't see that comming. This is such a sad, but amazingly written piece of writing. Great job:)