PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

i want to like,,, idk, have somebody lie down on me with the full weight of their body.

And The Night Does Not Have To Have Sad Hands, This Has Never Been a Hard & Fast Rule

17
i am going to let myself be a summation of magic and colour//and i am going to let myself be dragged through the murk of the world//towards sweet apples and our faces paved across the sky//and i’m going to let myself run full tilt at my best friend//barreling into her like a hurricane and shrieking with this lightened life, this conduit for laughter//and i am going to think that it’s okay to get paper cuts as long as you don’t dip them in lemon juice//and that it’s okay to cry as long as you drink enough water afterwards//and that it’s okay to want to tear the earth down to her bones and to crawl inside them and draw different shapes on the inside of your eyelids as long as you dress her back up again in all the happiness that could have been//and fuck it’s okay to be sad and it’s okay to heal from the blue of it//the aching of the cold//everything is okay//please listen//and i want you to let yourself bask in the warmth that you find in the world//like a sun-drenched cat//like a creature deserving of every beam of light that has ever existed//and i want to live in magic and magic wants to live in you//(in all of us, please let it be all of us)//and we are all flailing creatures//dizzy silhouettes pinned to the surface of the moon//and it’s the best//because suddenly the air’s got the feel to it that everything might turn out alright.
okay, okay, so get this, i was going to write something angsty but when i went into notes on my phone, i found this instead. and it deserved to get all polished up and i’m glad i did it, because i feel better for it now.

• ElsaRee

wow!

• Ruthh

You perfectly articulate every single feeling I feel like your words filled me up and gave me a lil hug and I am blown away!!! 'and that it’s okay to want to tear the earth down to her bones and to crawl inside them and draw different shapes on the inside of your eyelids as long as you dress her back up again in all the happiness that could have been' is going to be engraved into my heart for ever this is gorgeous

• Norah

oh man, these are the only vibes rn, the rhythm and buildup that this piece has is immaculate

• loveletterstosappho

the lines of this are so lovely and heart-achingly beautiful and i wanna scream like "it's okay to want to tear the earth down to her bones and to crawl inside them and draw different shapes on the inside of your eyelids" is the kinda writing i go FERAL for but also it's all kinda a big chunk o words n the formatting makes it un poquito hard to get through! these lovely lines deserve to be as eye-catching as they are wistful!