chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ 'ʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

TW: possible death. slightly grotesque descriptions.

song recommendation:
Some Sand by ibi

i want to do more pieces with this kind of mood so expect more with music recommendations. i have some hidden gems in my closet. even if those gems sit with the skeletons.

set the table for two

22

someone is crying in the room below / can see your shadow in the darkness of my rotting bathroom wall / your lips part, auditing a voice that is not yours / perhaps when i stare into your eyes, i am gazing at a demon / there is a ten year old stain on my shirt / ketchup / or / ---- / 

salt corrosion on my fingernails / gnawed away, parasitic patience eats through my lungs / do not know if i am breathing in air or dust / fairy wallpaper decays into sandy shades / color dyed from dried blood and decomposing tears / run my fingers through the canyons in the mirror / lick my hands clean / 

it's been a long time since you paid me a visit / sunken eye sockets, cracked lips / weathering: your teeth break skin / erosion: you run your tongue over your bleeding lip / deposition: you swallow the metal away / a pile of ashes sits in your chair / cinder stuffed seat cushion / 

i leave to the sun your body to cremate / my house / a sea of dust up to the ankle / the fragrance of your awaited arrival / rusted cutlery, broken porcelain plates / escargot and aged wine / napkins, i slap the worms away from the cloth / set the table for two / and wait / 

1

• delete

I love the decaying imagery here, perhaps the speaker is reflecting on a past dinner date with their lover, but can only see how rotten their relationship came. Or in a literal sense, the speaker could have not cleaned up the table in years and has an unstable mental state from how the relationship left them. Interesting stuff!

• A Rose

Your word choice shines.

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow -- this is incredibly beautiful!! I love the lines "i leave to the sun your body to cremate / my house / a sea of dust up to the ankle / the fragrance of your awaited arrival." Awesome job!! :)

• joella

i want to create music videos for your recommendations based off of your poetry. the eerie, horror-esque vibe is just...wow. ugh, whenever sunny gets to your work first i never know what to add because she really said it all...this is gorgeous.

• elliem

Hey! Results for my Q&A are now out!
    Thank you so much for the questions and support! <3

also i really like escargot lol so when you mentioned “escargot and stained wine” i was like well...i mean...don’t mind if i do ;)
    reply: literally how dare you...call me cherry head...how FOUL. baby head :P just a wittle infant...a wittle toddler baby way-bee

• Ursa

dark and beautiful; patches of images coming together to set scenes of death and decay.
    / rusted cutlery, broken porcelain plates / escargot and aged wine / napkins, i slap the worms away from the cloth / set the table for two / and wait /
    stunning ending^ your use of language really fills the piece to the brim. every word has a purpose.
    lovely work.

wow this is...horrifyingly beautiful. like, chillingly pretty. when people say that fright can often be elegant, that’s what this would be. this piece is like the embodiment of a fancy dark dining room with a skull on the table. “ erosion: you run your tongue over your bleeding lip / deposition: you swallow the metal away” geez, this is just liquid gold. you do so good at cutting right to the bone with your imagery. amazing!!