Cressida

she/her | mixed
aspiring scientist and writer | musician

status: constantly eating cheetos

joined: late april, 2020

I hope y’all have a good day and stay healthy :)

In other news, I think I have a follow-for-follow policy? I think .amelia. said it best: support definitely goes both ways. If you follow me and I don't follow you back, you can always let me know! There's no shame in that, and I'll quickly go follow you!

Please check out this post made by poetri about plagiarism. Though I bet most people have read it already, it is something everyone should read and understand:

https://bit.ly/2MwMeDQ

Now, Dmoral13 has a wonderful post about WtW and some advice she has, y'all should check it out:

https://bit.ly/3cCCLFH

Also, please read this post about police brutality in India, written by anoushkaa

https://bit.ly/3dBxv5r

empty scrapbooks, dusty shoes

the frost freezes our tears every december
as we visit that petite casket under the oak tree,
branches sheltering us from the biting cold.
our mother still keeps the soft blanket she wove together
with mournfulness & morning sickness for you--
it is somewhere, beside the dusty baby shoes & behind
the empty scrapbooks. maybe one day we will open up
those books, collect our lives in pointless pictures, pry
open our rib cages & sacrifice our hearts to nostalgia
(all without you). for now we stare at that sanctified grave,
petrified beside crystalized roses. & say it now with us.
You are dead, you are dead, we are dead, (but,
isn't there no us without you?) & now
we rest flowers at the feet of your tombstone
& wait for december to arrive again. 

1

• elliem

Also, I'm still finishing up some reviews for the winners of #rollthedice. Are there any pieces in specific you'd like me to review? As you came in second place for the fantasy category, you get two reviews of your choice from me. :) Have a good day!

• elliem

This is such an impactful, hauntingly beautiful piece full of strong imagery and heartbreak. I'm a month late to this (exactly one month, actually), but I still want to tell you how lovely this piece is. I love the image you made of the crystalized roses beside the grave. You depict loss here extremely well.

• dovetrees

i'm left in a state of awe, i agree with rainandsonder - 'pry
    open our rib cages & sacrifice our hearts to nostalgia' is so powerful, and i certainly felt the emotion that sits behind it. the idea of this being an annual event ('wait for december to arrive again.') just adds to the melancholy tone and really tugs at the heartstrings. amazing piece!

i loved "pry open our rib cages & sacrifice our hearts to nostalgia", it's such a brutal line, and i also loved the description of the crystallized roses, it's a small detail but it really adds to the imagery here!

this is so melancholy and i love it. wow.