mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

This is just about how sometimes schools only tell one side of the story and want everyone to think the same, but this is extremely exaggerated, so I hope I didn't offend anyone!

felt like republishing a fave :)

experimental format, so bear with me.

This will probably be my last publish for a little while, since I'm slowly making progress on my novel and want to finish at least the first draft.

I would LOVE feedback! <3

[ring] the bell always tolls the same (feedback, pls!<3) #Conficiens2

32
i. passing period
/ scuff your feet against moondust pavement / hum your soul songs as you shut your vessels away / spin your combo lock like a good girl / don't forget to pass zero zero zero / keep your head down, child / soldier on with your bag full of bricks and insecurities slung over one shoulder / trample grass with sodden shoes / force your lead-glazed legs to run before the bell /

[ring]

ii. english
/ cry as you bleed words onto papyrus / pencil led changes hands / mark my words, you will be the only one left / trudge on through yukon winters / beware the switchblade in your back pocket / hide in basements as cartons of death rain around you / even the roof can't save you this time, little girl / blush as praise hits you like bullets / feel eyes boring into your soul / clique or click / it's all the same to me /

[ring]

iii. math
/ lena is paid 12 dollars an hour / graph her income / direct variation but there's no variation / stuck in a perpetual rut / pencil taps paper / mind taps at the corners of your soul / are lena's finances really my business? / hush, child, and do as you're told / you leave the arrows off your graph / there is hope for you, lena / your income line doesn't have to go on and on forever / half a point off, the purple ink tells you / this is what you get for trying to instill hope in someone imaginary /

[ring]

iii. science
/ peeling layers of skin, soaked in formaldehyde, reeking of deceit / put on your goggles, child, so the juice might spare your eyes / slice open the frog without a second thought / why trust children with scalpels, teacher? / is this how it feels to be ignored? / this is the bicep; when tugged the frog flexes / you evil puppeteer / the last amphibian dance continues / flexor, extensor / are we all pieces of candy in your quarter machine? / no, child, never eat in science class / go and wash your hands, with soap this time /

[ring]

iv. the arts
/ spread your influence across canvas, but only sing our praises / but, teacher, you can't have harmony if everyone sings the same note / hush, child, and clean your brushes / quiet, girl, and tune your viola / rake your bow across the strings / capture images and hide them away / how can you express yourself if you must conform to social norms / girl, your skirt is too short; go and change / well, i'll be accursed if you can see my knees / while you're in the bathroom, please peel off that layer of sarcasm as well / would you like a full personality transplant while i'm at it? /

[ring]

v. history
/ learn from your forefathers, child / history is flat, just like our blue marble gone through a fondant machine / study the front side only / can i turn the page? / no, no, girl, do as you are told / you tell us to corroborate our sources, teacher, and you have only given us one / this is the right one, child, and that's what matters / infuse our brains with twisted thoughts / steep us in the boil just a touch longer / it burns, teacher / hush, girl, and study your romanticized history /

[ring]
no clue what this is, but some of these experiences are loosely based on my school reality, like the dress code stuff and the english (we read call of the wild, the outsiders, and the book thief, so see if you got those references!). 

This was extremely experimental and also I'm having a writer's block, so let me know what you think!

• asta

this is gorgeous, i loved the math stanza (actually i loved them all, but that one reminded me of how i'd walk my digital pets everyday when i was 10 lol)

• Wicked!

"but, teacher, you can't have harmony if everyone sings the same note" AHHH YES! I absolutely adore the concept and format of this piece!

replying: awww ty ty hehe i think it fits my ~vibe~ well! <3

• Anlee

I really enjoyed reading this! "half a point off, the purple ink tells you / this is what you get for trying to instill hope in someone imaginary" so beautiful :_)

• lianhabanana!

Replying: Awww thanks so much!! Yes I quite liked the word onism too! I absolutely love your writing!!! :)

Replying: I've got nothing if I ain't got TENNESSEEEEE!!!

this is amazing!!! I don't know how to put it without repeating everyone else but i love this. english really hit deep. this whole thing, altho a unique topic, told a story that readers can relate to!

Replying: thank you:)

• spurtsofdarkness

Replying: Yeahahhjhuh this will fit and WHAT A PIECE, I know there have been like 10 comments before me, and I’m always avoiding the cliché but this deserves appreciation :)

• elliem

Review coming soon! :)

*whispers* oh my gosh mia if u noticed ur follower count just went down 1 person just now that was me being an idiot and singing/dancing while holding my iPad and having the tab open to your profile ACK i accidentally unfollowed you!! just thought i’d tell you cause it’d be weird to see my “sunny.v is following you” in your inbox when i’ve been doing so this whole time...

• fatpanda

contest results are out!

Wow, thank you for that long comment! I'll definitely keep your title ideas in mind.

Also, now I feel guilty for not loving tulips as much as that character does XD because you and Happy butterfly both got excited about that. My favorite flower is actually the flower of my heart variation of Camellia japonica, the eighteen scholars flower.

Results are up for the Ultimate Writing Challenge!

Replying: Thank you *hugs you back* <3

• black_and_red_ink

You are such an amazing writer. I can't believe you took something as mundane as a typical school day and made it so fascinating.

• joella

woww what? i'm in awe of you (not just for remembering what it feels like to actually sit in school all day. lol.) the math stanza made me laugh out loud...this is gold!

• Tushar Mandhan

I loved the science section and related so much with maths :P I'm tired of finding maths' X!

• EliathRose

I was pleasantly surprised when I began reading this piece and visualized almost a theatre piece in my mind, kind of a series of commotion and happenings before a loud ring, a scrambling and hectic set change, another ring, and an abrupt stop in a new set. I've never visualized quite like that before while reading something, and it was such a cool experience. There were also a couple of times where I caught myself laughing out loud, especially in the math class. Overall, really stunning and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing that experiment, even during writer's block!

loved this format and love this piece! i've never seen such a beautifully experimental take on school before. this is just.... wow. it's unlike anything i've ever read. definitely something only you could pull off this amazingly :).
    "direct variation but there's no variation" SHE SAID IT! oof.

• elliem

Hey Mia! Results for my Q&A are now out!
    Thank you so much for the questions and support! <3

"history is flat, just like our blue marble gone through a fondant machine"
    That right there is my favorite. Just wow.

I really like it .I like how you mirrored reality and kind of twisted it.That makes no sense,but you know what I mean? Cool cool cool

this is FANTASTIC. you killed your experimental format! i adored how you talk about the dress code! i have a lot of feelings about how school dress codes target girls but that’s another story. also, yay the outsiders!! i ADORED your history segment as well! “ this is the right one, child, and that's what matters / infuse our brains with twisted thoughts” so lovely, honestly, how do you do it? simply exquisite. wow. in literal awe.