Jasmine_K

she/her. 16, i write poetry
est. sometime in 2017
currently waiting for wtw's 3rd golden age

I was listening to Natalia Kills's song Saturday Night and created this fantasy of being a child star now my teen years, dangling between going completely off the rails vs heading farther into the Hollywood lifestyle, reminiscing on my life after stepping out of a party. I hope this makes sense? It might be way too specific. Anyways, feedback is appreciated!

afterparty #SomethingUnique2

5
soft resurrection / they say i’m kinda / out of line. i’d trade it all for the stage lights / blush faded on plump / bottom lips. sell their souls / for bacardi on the tongue and spilling / down cheeks. i have to remember / this moment / mourning on my knees for all the feelings / i no longer have. they all know my name. and i / appreciate / this promise half-stuck / in their vocal cords. time is not kind / and when i am older / i will understand the shadows / under my eyes. but right now / i forgot my jacket inside the party / and the bluetooth speaker is dying. / i have snapped my braces / on leftover diamonds / if i say it real pretty like / will they be my savior?
inspired by Saturday Night by Natalia Kills