RavensInkWrites

United States Minor Outlying Islands

-she/they ???
-bisexual, but like who knows really
-i love stars, bugs, and sad films. one day, i hope to see the aurora borealis :)
-please dont point out that i dont use capitalization in my writing. i know.

I don't have much to say, but others do so have some nice quotes:
"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground" -Teddy Roosevelt
"If one dream should fall apart and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again" -Flavia Weedn
"Everything that exists is born for no reason, carries on living through weakness, and dies by accident" -John-Paul Sartre
"There is no great genius without a touch of madness" -Aristotle
"Write drunk; edit sober." -Ernest Hemingway

Meals That I Can't Smell

As long as i can remember, I have not been able to smell. Normally, I don't notice, but when I see my family set out plates of food that we have been perfecting for years, and hear everyone in the house talk about the amazing range of smells that I cant even begin to comprehend, I long for it.
    My family isn't an old family. We don't have special recipes passed on from generations, we only have recipes that my parents picked up and taught themselves. My father grew up homeless, and my mother was kicked out at a young age, which makes each meal even more special.
    Each plate that my mother sets in front of me is a product of hard work, and I am thankful for it in every way. Yet, there will always be a part missing.
   I can eat with the family, I can savor every bite of my father's specially grilled steak and my mom's homemade mashed potatoes. But no matter what, they will always enjoy it in a way that I can't.
    The thing that bothers me most isn't that I don't know what steak and mashed potatoes smell like(even though i'd quite like to know). No, the thing that bothers me most is that my family-the family that only has ourselves to share things with-gets to share something without me.

• Nopenoonehere

that... really sounds sad. Well you aren't missing out too much know this, but smelling is usually something that makes a simple meal taste better- anyway this is pretty intresting, knowing someone else's perspecttive of things!