birdsarentreal

17 | Nicole | California

Writing's never been my strong suit - I've always found math much easier. There's always been something that's intrigued me about writing, though, especially creative writing. I'm hoping that by joining Write the World I can develop my writing style and learn to write in different genres. I am also hoping that learning to write better will help me with my songwriting, which is something that I really enjoy but occasionally struggle with because I can't find the right words. Also college admissions are this year and I want to be able to write a tolerable essay.

Dissatisfaction

PROMPT: This I Believe

6
I believe unhappiness is born from dissatisfaction.

Dissatisfaction can come in many forms. It can be as simple as boredom or as heart-wrenchingly complex as grief. Whatever the cause, dissatisfaction often takes root slowly and silently, permeating the soul. It colors our daily lives and we see things in shades of gray instead of in all the colors of the rainbow. It's a terrible but all-too common affliction, especially given our current state of affairs.

We can fight it with its opposite - satisfaction, which comes from love. Love for our family members, love for what we do or create, but mostly love for ourselves. 

So I challenge you all to spread love: make someone happy or do something nice for yourself. Make the world a better place. It may make the view out your window in the morning just a little bit brighter. And that's all we can hope for.  

• MazeRunnerGirl

Beautiful! "It may make the view out your window in the morning just a little bit brighter." This piece had definitely made my day a bit brighter :)