Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

REPUBLISHING bc a link didn't work ;)
Originally written 7/22/20

I'm revising and editing old pieces. Thank you Lata.B or your review on this!

I'd love to hear your thoughts--what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading :)

heartbreak | a series | 1

27
When you turn sixteen you get your mark. Your mark is special to you and one other--your soulmate. Usually, it is your favorite color. My best friend Alice's pinky-finger is tipped in pale yellow. My neighbor Sam has a mark of red on his shoulder. Even though the marks are each unique, a few are more common than others. Some look like birthmarks, others look like you have been dipped with the Easter eggs. I have never seen another with a mark like mine. I was shocked when, on my sixteenth birthday, I woke to find my mark, staining my lips pale blue. Alice thought my permanent lipstick was beautiful. 
    "You'll never be mistaken when you find your soulmate," she told me that morning. 
    As if anyone could make a mistake when comparing marks, I had thought. 
I'm eighteen now, and I still haven't met anyone with the same mark as mine. Alice found her soulmate, one of the upperclassmen. Sam is patient. He hasn't found his match yet. I constantly worry, what it would be like to meet my match. To look across the coffee shop or the library and see someone with the same pale blue lips as me. Alice keeps telling me it'll come. That it was only a matter of time before we'd meet. 
    If only any of us knew how wrong she was. 
It started in early March, a sharp pain in my abdomen one morning, a heavy feeling in my feet. Every few days a new pain would come, some were bearable, others were not. I didn't tell anyone what was happening. I didn't see the need. Then, a few weeks later, it happened. 
    It was in math class right when I was called to the front. That was when the worst pain yet hit my chest. I doubled over, clutching my stomach, and crumpled to the floor in front of all my classmates. It felt as if a large block of ice was pressed against my ribs, melting liquid fire into my veins. I cried out as the cold shot through my neck and to my face. Then it was over. Alice ran to the front to help me up. She gasped and went pale when I met her eyes. I slowly stood and faced the room. The whole class was silent, the teacher had a look of sympathy. Alice dragged me out of the classroom and through the halls until ducking into the girls' bathroom. That's when I saw what had scared her. The pale blue on my lips, the mark I had been so embarrassed because of its uniqueness, was gone. My lips were now white as salt, all the color drained from them. 
    A sinking feeling set in as I realized what had happened. We had heard a few stories of marks disappearing. It was very rare. It meant the match had died without meeting the other mark. All that pain was heartbreak. My match, my soulmate, was gone.

1

• Odysseus

RE: Thanks for the link!! I'm so excited to read it! Thanks for your comment, too- I was thinking about a part 2, but I'm a bit nervous.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww! Yesssss those ideas would be great! What about their future child, whose mark is also faded?! I don’t know.......... but yes, I would LOVE to read more! <3333 and Aw, I’m so glad I could be encouraging. I adored the series! <333333 have a great day!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!! I WANT MORE!! omg this has me wondering what my mark would be hmmm. PLEASE tell me when you write more!!
    Re- I just wrote more if you wanna give it a read! Thank you so much for your support!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/206209/version/426008

• AliMuscles04

Re: Hey! I would love for you to answer a question I have about something I've published! The question(s) is in the footnotes! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/206906/version/425881

• A. Penderwick

Wow, this is good. I can't wait to read the rest of it! Very intriguing
    Re: Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't think I've ever written a death scene(I should though), but I can totally see that dialogue being really interesting to write.
    And also, yes, HoO is incredible. I've read the series before, but that was when I was in 4th grade, so I forget most of it. Also- DISNEY PLUS SHOW?!?! WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS?!

• Busssy.Beee

yes please!! could you please notify me when you update Traitors and Rebels as well as Heartbreak!! Thank u!! <333

• Busssy.Beee

ohhhh, and i totally forgot: my delivery service: hello! today, im delivering the link for chapter 4! :)
    have fun reading!!

• Busssy.Beee

i just finished Traitors and Rebels, and OMC, IT WAS THE BEST!! EVER!! sorry i didn't get to like and comment on all of them because i was rushing it :( anyway, i loved it so incredibly much!! and now, imma go read this series!!

• AstroWriter

Oh! That's so sad! Very descriptive!

• AliMuscles04

Re: When you do start reading it, I wouldn't trust links in the footnotes because I forgot to look at the footnotes and change them. Thanks for the interest!

• serein

Re: Omygoodness thank you! you are so sweet! Coming from you that means a lot--I'm a HUGE fan of the heartbreak series!!

• serein

Oh my gosh I'm already sobbing!!
    You broke my heart in the first chapter....

• Just_A_Memory

(I need updates)

• Just_A_Memory

NO! Don't You Do This In The
    F I R S T C H A P T E R

AHHHH OH MY GOODNESS WOW THIS IS AMAZING

ok it worked! yay!

• V-Rose

OH MY STARS! WHY HADN'T I READ THIS BEFORE! It's so good! I need to know what's going to happen next! How do you come back from that!

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! Thsi is great!

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is great! As for a name for your character...
    (i saw your other post) maybe name her after someone in your life she reminds you of.

• chasing sunsets

That ending!! I really liked the easter egg description and basically the whole thing :D

• brioooche

From the first paragraph, I was hooked. I loved the ending. I do like the idea of having the next chapter written in the soulmates point of view.

Noooo! how awful! though, I find the descriptions very compelling!

Re: WOW incredible art *clap clap clap*

• dream02

Oh my gosh...bruh...
    Re: awwww thx!!

This is so heartbreaking! Like Queenie, I've read a lot of short stories with soulmates, but never have I read something like this. Do you plan on continuing it? I would love to read more!

I adore that new pfp btw... XD

• AliMuscles04

Re: I didnt even realize you read it XD Its been a long week. Plus, I dont see it as copying since mine is fully true and yours wasnt. Still, I'm fine with it!

• Rohan’s Defender

Part 14 of the collab is out on Coolgirl’s page!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aww, thank you so much!! I’m so glad you liked it! Your comments are so sweet! :)

• books4life

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! this is sooooo beautifully written with all of these twists and turns...stunning

• AliMuscles04

I love this!!
    re: just posted the next part of it, so yeah!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Chapter 16 is out!

• queenie

oh wow. this is such an interesting idea. i've seen a lot of soulmate AUS/universes, but never like this.

• DarkRaven808

Aww this was so sad. Such a cool idea.

oh wow this is such a cool idea and i love it! i think you can totally expand on this idea and do it from the soulmate's point of view. wonderful job! <3 <3 <3