Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Twin
Disfusive
A bit empathic
A living oxymoron
WTW mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie & everyone
WTW sis to happy butterfly
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ

Joined 1/16/2020

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Currently reading | Beach Winds: An Emerald Isle, NC Novel (Book 2)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned a friend to draw.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: Happy Butterfly)

"There's something about being nostalgic for something you haven't left yet"
~ A Certain Type of Decisive

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

darker than before

17

lie down, girl, and accept the clutches of fatigue;
embrace exhaustion like a long lost friend.
you are too tired to feed yourself, and you know
your mother has broken her knee.

so if you are hungry, chew gum and be quiet.
for tenth grade has been the year of chaos,
constant movement and fighting for substance,
and now it is time to succumb.
Don't worry about me guys; I exaggerated the hopeless feeling. I'm worn out, but I'm okay.

1

• Madeline Harper

This is so effective for only two stanzas! Do take care of yourself, I know you said you were exaggerating but the language in this really conveyed exhaustion in such a powerful way. For me, ‘embrace exhaustion like a long lost friend.’ was particularly good, I like the alliteration in it. I also wanted to just say thank you for all the lovely comments you’ve been leaving on my posts recently, I really appreciate them! :)

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Replying:
    Thanks for your sweet comment!
    And I totally agree, Lauren Daigle is awesome -- she's one of my favorite singers!! :)

I love how this really captures exhaustion and weariness. Good work, as usual!

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

I'm glad you're okay! <3 :)
    On another note, this is beautiful, my jaw literally dropped as I read this, fantastic job -- the entire second stanza gave me chills!

• mia_:)

Replying: Yeah, I bet :(

• Emma16

I feel ya. Quarantine has been a tough time. Hope you're managing to hang in there, though.

• V-Rose

Chapter 7 of Death's Tales is here! And now, I give you... the link:

Replying:<3

Replying: girl I was worried you were gonna say Sharona!lol I 100%agree.Natalie was so much nicer and I love her friendship with monk.They are just so funny.OHHH also(now I'm gonna rant)RANDY is so FUNNY,I just love him so much!Also 1 of my favourite episodes is called The 3 Julies.I don't know if you've seen it yet but if you haven't then when you do you'll think of me lol sorry if that sounded creepy haha.Its just a really cool episode

Replying:oh cool! I have not*cries* I have rewatched The whole series like 3 times but I might start again.That episode actually kind of annoyed me lol .I felt so bad for him.Whenever there is an episode regarding his childhood I feel so bad for him lol.
    Also a question,do you prefer Natalie or Sharona ? I know that's random but I'm curious

I like the title actually! I totally understand what you're saying,if it ever gets worse I'm here<3
    Also have you ever published a piece that isn't perfect? Because I can't find 1.You write about exhaustion and make the piece something extraordinary,and I just want to read this simple poem over and over again.You inspire me so much (as well as being my triplet and monk pal) lol

i think the title is good... i can feel the exhaustion emanating through every word you wrote. i hope you get some good rest! this was nicely written, and it's just soaked with a barebones exhaustion. you conveyed it really well! <3

yeah, the title seems really cool to me! feel better, though.

• mia_:)

Oh no! I actually like the title :) I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I'm here for you! I totally get exagerrating emotion, though. I hope your mom feels better too!