joella

Israel

she/her | high school | wasian | enfp

i sip inked tea in someone else's garden

(formerly ★ white mountains ★)

ok, when i said last night that i'd delete this in the morning, i really meant it. but i woke up to the sweetest comments ever. ahh i love you guys whenever i hate my writing you make me feel so much better :)

the pastel polaroids on my wall are pockets of love

PROMPT: This I Believe

19
lips stained amaranthine from grape popsicles, the tangy aftertaste of the wooden stick fresh on our tongues
white bucket hats, amateur silver toned photoshoots because you and your fringed almond eyes, hair glowing auburn in the sun, i like taking pictures of you (golden hour is definitely your color)
tie dye in polymer bottles, the powder coloring oak tables a permanent gaudy blue
these are the moments we'll remember

swallowed in your father's college sweatshirts, high on the taste of life in the attic, suffocatingly hot in summer
and bone chilling cold in winter, you letting me cry, the vulnerable midnight moments
twilight has watched us grow up. trampoline sleepovers, the mosquitoes joining us in the humidity (i got eaten alive, it was worth it to watch the sun turn the sky from murky turquoise and watch liquid honey spill over the trees)
these are the memories we share

we may not be able to breach the physical chasm
but your handprint is emblazoned across the muscle flesh of my heart
and this i believe

1

• Eblinn

This is downright amazing, dare I say a masterpiece? Yes!
    "twilight has watched us grow up" that's such a unique line, I love it!

• loquacious_lil

This is so beautiful!

• elliem

Hey! Results for my Q&A are now out!
    Thank you so much for the questions and support! <3

This makes me feel so nostalgic! It's lovely, really! It's up to you if you want to delete it, you own the rights to your own things ;) But, I would be delighted if you did not, because I know I will come back to this over and over again a hundred times.
    Also, replying- Oh, dear! I'm afraid it's completely different from what you expected lol! Hope you enjoyed it anyway, and thank you for reading it :)

• mia_:)

Replying: Thanks! Sunny suggested the same thing! Not creepy at all and thank you for the idea! I'll definitely try it! <3

• mia_:)

SOOO STUNNING! I love the line about liquid honey, but it's all lovely. i agree with everyone! Please don't delete it! *bribes you with a donut*

• Cressida

I think everyone has already said this but.... DO NOT DELETE THIS! This is beautiful! Stunning! All of the wonderful adjectives in the world cannot even begin to describe this piece! Oh my gosh, the first stanza of this is absolutely amazing. The imagery just completely brings the reader into the poem, and it is so easy to imagine everything that is going on.
    "twilight has watched us grow up. trampoline sleepovers, the mosquitoes joining us in the humidity (i got eaten alive, it was worth it to watch the sun turn the sky from murky turquoise and watch liquid honey spill over the trees)" oh my, your DICTION is beautiful! Your word choice is always the best, and this poem is no exception.
    I think you mentioned on one of my pieces that you feel bad for not checking out my profile so often? No need to feel bad, but I definitely feel like I haven't been checking of your profile as often as I should as well. And let me just say, I have definitely been missing out. Catch me looking at all the pieces of yours that I missed...
    In conclusion, this is beautiful. wonderful. DO NOT DELETE THIS.

“ tie dye in polymer bottles, the powder coloring oak tables a permanent gaudy blue” i LOVE THIS so much! there’s this...nostalgia...about it, and your words are just sooo beautiful. DONT DELETE !

This piece is comprised of beautiful gems and oh gosh I love the whole thing

This is so beautiful, it left me feeling so happy and calm.Dont delete it!

DO NOT DELETE LATER
    as the imagery and sense of lightness and nostalgia that the piece creates is stunning.

the first line is a brilliant hook. so nostalgic. wasn't this entire piece a bucket of nostalgia? for some reason, it makes me kinda sad though. maybe it's the recent media i've consumed or the music i'm listening to rn... but aw this was just so cute! <3 my night just got better!

• inanutshell

i love this so much!! makes me feel all soft and light and hopeful - really stunning :)