crow_e

23 neurotic crows in a recycled flesh suit
he/him || 17 || intp-t || lgbtq+
prosaic poet & sci-fantasy fiction writer
community ambassador alum [summer 2020]
published in wtw review issue 2.2
standing in solidarity with those angry

active? nah. still around sometimes though

grasping at smoke

10
the quiet is smothering//and it’s not the silence that’s the scary part//it’s the fact that you don’t know when it’s gonna stop//because it’s been almost a month//and nothing makes sense when you write it down anymore//and people keep telling you that it’ll come back eventually//but they don’t understand//they don’t understand that the words have been at your fingertips for so long//they’ve been rich and earthy and you don’t care that they get caught under your nails when you dip your hands into them//they taste sweet and salty and bitter when you lick them from your hands//but now you can’t remember the taste//they’re so close but they’re just out of reach//and they might as well be universes away if you can’t use them//and you don’t even know when you’ll be able to use them again//you’ve been scrambling//shoving other people’s part words down your throat//but it’s like oatmeal//thick and bland and sitting heavy//and you can’t make anything out of it//you’re grasping at letters//and then you wonder//if this is what it feels like//not being able to breathe 
writer’s block has never been this bad for me and honestly it’s kind of scary, but I think the more I write even if it doesn’t make any sense, the sooner I’ll be able to chip it away. 

• June 7, 2020 - 10:09am (Now Viewing)

• Karma's_Coming

And this one is going on the wall as well. I’ve actually never seen someone put writers block into words this perfectly. I love the metaphors and *chefs kiss.* This is incredible. By the way, Sorry if all the comments are bothering you. I’m kind of on a roll of some sort.

Yes, that is definitely the way to break through the wall of writers block. Write something, every day. Even if its just journaling. I hope you make it through this—no, i know you'll make it through this. If this is what you write when you have writers block, I have faith that you'll come out of this even stronger and more talented than before. I believe in you, Lee! Keep writing, keep trying, keep fighting. I'm sending you all my love and support <3 I believe in you!!

• queenie

I like this piece! It's a strategic way of getting your thoughts out, and making sense of them, I guess. I once had writer's block for three months and I can't tell you the amount of times I wanted to crawl in a hole and cease to exist. But you'll make it eventually.