doodleninja

18

~your local angst-y Christian girl~

ARMY <3

soli Deo gloria!

>call me "doodle" :)

>check out my series "stereo tropes co." where story tropes run amuck in an office setting!

~"you write so beautifully. your mind must be a terrible place."~
always on the lookout for tragic backstories and broken characters. :D

Trapped in a Room, but At Least the Marble Floors are High-Quality | Stereo Tropes Co. (4)

22

The young man tied up in the chair fidgeted and squirmed until his muscles grew sore and sweat rolled down onto his rough palms, red from tugging at the rope. 
The young lady next to him had given up the endeavor to escape a long time ago.
"Shall we begin?" came the voice through the speaker mounted on the wall. The tied-up man could practically hear the diabolical smile behind it. 
"Which one of you will die first?" the voice mused. The man tried to peer through the tinted window just a few yards in front of him, to lay eyes on their captor. 
"This will be SUCH fun," a click followed the end of the voice's taunts.
"You're PSYCHOTIC!" the man yelled into the still air. Another accident, another Villain running loose in the office, and now he and Prose had to deal with the consequences.
He grunted against the ropes one last time, then hung his head. "I would kill for some pineapple juice right now."
"Shut up Thinker," Prose snapped. "I'm trying to think of how to get out of here."
"And if I had pineapple juice, bitter-brain, I'd have more strength to break free."
"Are you really still calling me 'bitter-brain'?" she huffed. "Where is Plott when you need him?" 
"Plott?" Thinker asked her. 
"Security department," she explained, this time trying to shimmy her way out of the ropes. 
"Of course!" Thinker sat up straighter. "Security! We just need to contact them!" 
"But how?" Prose said.
"Bang on the walls really hard and hope they hear us?" Thinker raised his shoulders. 
"That's not a plan, that's wasting our time."
"Ahem, it is the best plan given our circumstances and if you don't want to...suit yourself!" Thinker grabbed onto his chair and attempted to hop over to the wall. He fell flat on his face.
"Huh," Thinker said while his cheek was smushed up against the tile. "This is really cold marble."
Prose sucked in her breath. "Hold on, did you say marble?"
"Yeah. Pretty high quality too--"
"I just remembered something," Prose gripped the rope in her fingers, making them turn white. "Marble floors. Blue-gray steel panels. I've been here before."
Thinker flipped onto his side giving a surprised yelp of "what?!"
"When Plott was giving me a tour of the security department, he skipped this room. But being curious, I later snuck into here. Plott caught me and got upset; he said this room was confidential. But then, as if backtracking, as if covering up something, he smiled and told me he recently got fancy new marble floors installed."
"Wait," Thinker's eyes went wide and his heart nearly fell out of his ribcage. "But if this room is confidential then that means..."
Prose mirrored his expression. "The security department is..."
"Sabotaging Stereo Tropes Co. by letting Villains loose?!" Thinker finished.
The speaker crackled.
"Well you finally figured it out," the voice said as the tint in the windows slowly vanished. "Too late though."
Thinker lifted his head from the floor to look at their lunatic captor through the glass.
And he saw a crazy Plott Wist.

Word Count: 507

Haha look at me I'm so clever, it's literally a crazy plot twist (Plott Wist) XD
Okay, jokes aside.
If you want to see MORE from Thinker and Prose and Stereo Tropes Co. then check out the
Stereo Tropes Co. series: 
He Arrived in an Ice Cube and I'm Freaking Out 
4 Complaints Filed for HR Management at Stereo Tropes Co. 
There's a Coworker in My Office and He's Laughing like a Maniac

(and if you want a chance to be able to CHOOSE the topic of my next Stereo Tropes Co. story, then be sure to enter my contest!!

• July 22, 2020 - 10:24pm (Now Viewing)

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

Amazing! I loved the plott wist. Also, I think I need to be caught up with the new episodes before I can be notified. I'll tell you when I'm all caught up. Keep on writing!

• Ash~

The last line is absolutely amazing... so clever!

• Rohan’s Defender

PLOTT WIST!!!!! I have no words for you to describe this golden series....

hahaha this is great! <3

I love it so much, and that title is pure gold

• RemovedUser1

I imagined this was on of the villains Prose came up with after Thinker’s monologue, which made it so funny

• RemovedUser1

I’m reading all of these in a row, and it is SO funny reading them

PLOTT WIST YES

• journal.scribbles

I'm laughing so hard right now. Plott Wist. You ARE so clever. :)

I love the play on words here and the names. It's so hilarious! Really, this is such a unique idea to make character based off of plot elements.

rereading this makes me realise how much i miss stereo tropes :(

Omg, it is perfect :O
    :)

• Nopenoonehere

absolutly perfect :D