Two Heartbeats

Kind of a mixed bag of every emotions who paints words like he's putting on armor.

We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with souls made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.

Two Voice Competition results:

The very first Two Heartbeats Competition: Two Voice Poems. (COMPETITION RESULTS)

13
Howdy everyone!

This is my second to last bit of publishing on Write the World. My last piece will be a thank you to individual members of the community (Anne Blackwood, Dmoral13, Samina, SunnyV Happy Butterfly to name a few). These are my competition results for the Two Heartbeats: Two Voice poem competition. I loved all these pieces and judging these pieces were especially difficult because they all stand out in so many beautiful ways. After about an hour and a half of feeling the weight of each poem here are the FINAL COMPETITION RESULTS:

1: A certain type of decisive - The Astronaut
Honestly when I knew that she'd published for this competition, she was going to give a lot of writers a run for their money. She didn't fail to deliver. She tells this emotional story of being lost and caged in space. She creates an entity to hold him prisoner, they way loneliness imprisons one in their own thoughts. She takes points of human insanity.

Excerpt:
"I think it's funny that humans make maps of the stars
They constellate the universe to try to understand
But it's just random
And uncaring"

It's two stories, one unaware the other exists and there beauty in this is so rich. Check it out!

2: Daisy + Sage - Time 
I love this. I read this as the story of conflict against an ever-moving force. Its a battle against sounds and time, two things that we don't think enough will cause us pain, but they do. There's a lot of energy radiating from this piece. I see the scene well and the conflict. It's a timeless piece.
Excerpt:
"Come and stare through my side of the glass
and you will understand.

(the clock)
Come and stare through my side of the glass
and you will understand my persistence,
for if you stop fighting the inevitable 
you’ll breathe even under in the grip of my hand"

3: Doodleninja - Take my hand
This is the story of hard love. This is the story of giving and denying and giving up and hurting. I love this raw energy. We see this in the hardest nights of our lives trying to help the ones we love when they are hurting. We must learn to trust and love each other in our worst moments.
Excerpt:
"Why do you lie there?
Why do you stay?
You're going to die
Is it my lucky day?"
<3

• ~wildflower~

Hello! I know this is super late but I just realised that I don’t think I ever told which two pieces I would like reviewed... if it’s not too late, could you do “A society that walks with eyes closed” and “My honest, truthful rant about school”? Thanks!

• ~wildflower~

Ohmygosh thank you so so much!! I didn’t even see this until now! It’s the first comp I’ve ever won for any of my poetry yayay!! (*takes a deep breath to calm down*) thank you for such a creative comp and you will be dearly missed!

• Chloe :) <3

Hey, never got to know you on WtW and in the constantly updating dashboard must've missed some of your work! Anyways Congrats to all the winners! Also when you leave remember to keep writing and hope you are happy wherever the future leads you <3

• A Certain Type of Decisive

OMG really?! I'm so glad you liked it!! I don't mind whatever pieces you feel like reviewing. I want to say it's terrible you're leaving, but that's selfish of me because I love to read you're work- you're moving onto bigger and better things- that's not terrible, just growth- the world won't know what hit 'em.

• Halopoet

Congratulations to all the winners. And why are you leaving? I just got to know you!!

WAIT NOOO WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? :((((

• mia_:)

Congrats, everyone! And, oh no! Are you leaving? I'll miss you so much! You're such a kind presence here and it won't be the same without you! Also, this was such a creative comp idea! I'll miss you <3

• løne wølf

WAIT WHY ARE YOU LEAVING GALDFJSKLADF-
    Thank you for hosting such an amazing competition, even though I was too cowardly to participate in it ;-;

Congrats everyone!
    I was just checking your account to look for new pieces.Your work is amazing and I'm going to miss you if you leave.Are you leaving wtw?
    Also thanks for mentioning me ,it means the world,you're so sweet.

Congratulations everybody!!

• Samina

Congratulations to all the winners!! Thank you for hosting such a nice contest....

• poetri

Congrats to the winners! Also wHY ARE YOU LEAVING THAT'S ILLEGAL