delete

Ellen’s Reviews PLEASE LOOK LOL IM DESPERATE FOR FRIENDS AND POSTS

12
I’m sorry for the demanding title, but if you’ve clicked on this post, I love you already. 

My name is Ellen, I’m an aspiring director and playwright, and I just love reading writing of any sort, especially on Write the World.

One of my favourite things to do whilst I’m pondering this site is to read other people’s posts, like, comment and leave a review (although normally that makes me late for my quarantine schooling). Reviews have a special place in my heart because when I feel like an explorer, scavenging an island for hidden treasure- or in a writing sense, hidden meanings and messages.

I’m a bit of a detective and I actually consider taking up that career as a back up.  

To get to the point, if you have any posts that you want me to read, please send them to me. Just read the requirements and you can comment below anything you want me to see:
  • Please NO FAN FICTION. This is not me being biased, but I will not be able to understand the lore it, therefore it would be a disservice to you if I, who doesn’t know much about your franchise, review your work.

• ​Only send me ONE POST. I have a busy schedule as I’m currently studying for my qualifications that will get me into future courses that shape my university entries. Additionally, I spend a long time on each review and I do not want to make people impatient. 

• DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS THE 20th JUNE, FOR THEN THIS POST WILL BE CLOSED TO FURTHER ENTRIES. 
So, please comment away, and if I don’t get any comments, no biggie! This was just an idea to help other writers grow! 

Have a fantastic day, I love you a lot.

- Ellen xx

Another thing, I just want to give you guys an update on how my playwriting is going. I have written a radio play for a theatre company, who really liked what I had written, (bare in mind this is my first radioplay) and they want to produce it as part of their radio play series going on at the moment!

The play is called ‘Hunting Swans’ and I would love to post the script on here some day if you guys would like that.  

• Wicked!

Hey, I'd love feedback on any of my pieces. Thank you for offering! If there's any piece of yours that you'd like a review on, do let me know!

About your radio play—congratulations, that sounds amazing! You could post the script here, but I reckon that the producers won't like that, so it'd be best to check in with them first :)

replying: thanks once again Ellen, for dealing with my extreme incompetence
    radio plays sound fascinating! and I'd love if you posted like an abridged version or something of Hunting Swans here.
    I'd love if you could review this- whenever you have the time https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/166982/version/328048
    thanks, ily for doing this :)

• asta

If there's something you wanted reviewed btw, I'd be happy to do so!

• asta

I really wanted to send this in for a contest, but it just seems a bit unpolished to me, and I would love if you could give me any feedback on it! Thank you!

https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/167989/version/330964

• batman_is_a_cracker

Here are the results for #Howdy:

• joella

thank you so much for doing this! might pop back in later with a review request.
    but, as an aside, i notice your comments on so many posts and they're always very thought-out and helpful! really admire your ability to give critique. let's be friends, please :))

also ellen i noticed that you nominated for writers of the world and i recently saw how they changed the title! so i feel like I must inform you that I believe you nominated with format incorrectly :O

• Eblinn

Wow Ellen, you're out there writing radio plays, I'm so happy for you!! Also, it's amazing that you put your precious time into reviewing pieces. Keep it up :)

• elliem

ELLEN!!! THAT'S SO COOL ABOUT YOUR PLAY! And thank you so much for your review offer. :) I currently don't have anything that I need urgently reviewed, but I'm working on a short story that's coming out soon that I'd love a review for. (I'll warn you that it's quite long so you definitely don't have to review it if you don't have time for something that long. I would completely understand, so just let me know.) :) I'd totally read your script if you posted it!! I hope your day is going fantastic. <3

I don't have a desperate need for reviews rn, but I had to say: OMIGOSH that's so cool about the play. Totally post it and tell me when you do!!

• HelpMe512

Feel free to take a look at any of my recent prose pieces; feedback on those would be wonderful

• Cressida

Congratulations on the radio play! I would absolutely LOVE to read it (and I agree with @poetri, though I am not a playwright myself, it is more interesting to see pieces that aren’t poetry on the dashboard).
    Here’s a piece I would like a read on, and I would love to read something of yours/review it in return! I know that isn’t among the guidelines, but I really would like to do that.
    Here’s the link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/171574/version/339470
    Thank you tons for doing this!

wellll i see us as friends already but! you’re too kind! congrats on your radio play, i’m very clueless when it comes to playwriting but i’m sure it’s awesome. i’d love to read Hunting Swans! also, feel free whichever piece of mine you’d like to check out (but if offers pile up so much i’m fine with being skipped)! good luck, love! <3

• poetri

yes please let's be friends (playwright squad up!) and i'd love to read your radio play, please do post it. i'd love more plays on wtw--mine are super long but mb if it becomes like a thing i'll post one.
    anywayyyy i'd love this read (and thoughts if ya want to)
    tysm :)

Replying: tysm for the help Ellen!
    Also, wow that's amazing about your playwrighting! I'm super excited for you!
    but what exactly is a radio play, though?