Wicked!

ENFP-T

Daydreaming and procrastinating more than is healthy.

Writer's block and sleep deprivation are my constant companions.

Community Ambassador Alum

[pfp: cover art for "Wild World" by Bastille]

For elliemccul's #rollthedice contest.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

and i told her, | #rollthedice_1

25

in the cold, dark embrace of the night:

i see a million constellations dancing
          in your cryptic irises
            [andromeda, cassiopeia, lyra]
          when you look up at the heavens
     do you see the gods laughing at us?

i taste a thousand supernovae blazing
          within your sugar-laced lips
            [big stars always die out sooner]
          when you press them against mine
     do you feel them burning too? 

i feel waves of asteroids orbiting
          your honeysuckle-stained fingers
            [remnants of the big big bang]
          when you thread them through my hair
     do you know,
         do you,

constellation, wave, honeysuckle

1

• delete

This is OUTSTANDING! I personally love pieces about space, especially ones that incorporate space and constellations. Your dice rolls sound so aesthetically pleasing and make up for a great piece. I entered prompt three and got smog, pistol and dagger which was really hard to incorporate but was fun to link together. Break a leg for the comp!

• RavensInkWrites

absolutely riveting. this poem pulls the reader in and blesses them with how amazing it is

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow, your descriptions are incredible in this piece, it gave me chills!!!! :)

• Madeline Harper

I’m stunned! I tried writing a space themed poem recently but it’s nothing compared to this. ‘when you look up at the heavens/do you see the gods laughing at us?’ This sentence is so sad and so powerful. Good luck!

• Chloe :) <3

This piece is Wow!! I'm awed by its beauty, trapped in its aura, its like a piece I wish never had to end!

• mia_:)

This is so beautiful! I am literally blown away! Good luck in the competition! Also, congrats on becoming a Community Ambassador! <3

I feel like I'm genuinely not a good enough writer to compliment this piece, but I am blown away by how well you've used the words you got.

• ect.13

Beautiful :)

• Eblinn

Wow, I absolutely love the choice of words here. This piece feels so magical! It's beautiful.

this is gorgeous. might be one of my favorites on this site. good luck in the comp!

• elliem

Oh my gosh, this is so lovely! I like the use of italics; it works really well in this piece. Again, you've stunned me with your creativity and brilliant use of the words. Thank you for entering! As for the deadline, I plan on releasing the results on June 13th (a week from today), so the latest I will extend the deadline for you is the end of the day on June 12th. I hope this is okay, and thank you for reaching out. Have a good day!

Well what's the point of judging when this masterpiece just has to win XD