journal.scribbles

Asian American
INTP-T

if i'm not writing, please force me to. if i'm writing, please yell at me to do my homework. it's the only way i'll ever get anything done.

May or may not be active during any given time in November because of school and NaNoWriMo (let's be buddies there! I'm these_scribbles)

“The road to hell is paved with adverbs.”
—Stephen King
(...welp. I guess I'm going to hell.)

“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes."
—Andre Gide

“Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinions of others.”
—Virginia Woolfe

Currently obsessed with folk indie music, TED talks, and the Tinker Bell movies (they're better than you remember)

Always obsessed with too many book fandoms to list, Hamilton, intellectual debates, and philosophical poetry

Congrats on having the patience to scroll this far.

Everything We Have in Common

PROMPT: This I Believe

3
I believe in everything we have in common. 

We all live, breathe, eat, and drink; we all ask questions and look in the mirror and stand up for our beliefs and make choices; we all experience deja vu and moments of nostalgia; we all laugh and cry; we all fall in love and rise from adversity. 

I believe in our common humanity. Yes, we are all unique and beautiful in our own ways, but in between those beauties, there are similarities. And I believe that sometimes, those similarities are more important than the differences. Because when it really matters, we will come together and fight for what is right. 

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
-Mahatma Gandhi

• June 6, 2020 - 1:25am (Now Viewing)