chocolate truffle

be kinder than necessary <3

Please tell me how I could improve on this piece!

Food, Love and War

The chicken pieces are cooking and my household wonders what preparation to put it in- biryani or simple curry? It is the sole topic of Sunday-and well, all the other days'-conversation. My father likes biryani ,  I prefer a simple curry or the delicious Mughlai chicken Mom makes, and my sister prefers anything, just as long as there is dessert in the end, or a drink. My mom has a tolerance culture and artistic hands weaving any dish into perfection. She waits for us to be done with our drama and surprisingly, the chicken isn't overcooked by then! Artistic hands and a bit of magic, perhaps?

There is a bit of magic in all the food we eat. The aroma tingles noses and gets mouths watering with a hope of tasting just one little piece..and then a little more.. slowly consuming all of it, till the stomach nearly bursts. That's food, everybody! But what food does that for you?  Is there a particular cuisine, a particular dish? In my home, there is a rather wide choice of delicacies to choose from. My mom's a Bengali and Dad's a Tamilian. Those two cuisines are north and south poles! Me and my sister guess which parent tastes their home food today, and we are never right. It's either the delicious sweets and fried snacks or mouth watering lemon and tomato rice with a dash of oil which is surprisingly tasty! Owing to the endless discussion about what to eat for dinner, it leads to neutral dishes that take no one's side nowadays. Now you may be thinking, there's a solution! Does anything ever remain neutral? Especially in food? Like I said, food has magic in it. It has a charm in it to control those appetized by it. Noodles may disagree with Dad at times and we prefer going hungry than eating another bite of dosa ( yes, it isn't a neutral dish. but a good way to whip something up quickly). But some of the dishes Mom makes are agreeing to us all- the cottage cheese and fried rice, Indian bread with cottage cheese curry along with a side salad, barbecued vegetables with mouth-watering topings or roast chicken and fish; and of course the most delicious junk foods we don't think of before consuming! Burgers, pizzas, fried chicken nuggests and wings, the crisp of fast foods. That burst of the food in our mouths and the tingling of different flavors swoons one, captivitating yet another person and closing in on them with invisible talons. We cherish the food we eat. We love it with our heart and feel we are so lucky to have tasted this wonderful dish. When the war is over, we bring ourselves united by the food we eat, the life we share together. We feel love, blessed by the delicacies we eat. We feel love for each other. The magic in food is yet another captivation in disguise; we may feel separated with different choices, but that's what all humans have in common- variety. But what brings us together? Eating it together and reminding ourselves what we do have - humanity.
biryani-Indian rice mix 
Mughlai-curd based curry with nuts
dosa-rice based flatbread