delete

I hope this was an effective response to this prompt.

⭒ I’ll Be the Narrator ⭒

PROMPT: This I Believe

11
⤷ I’ll be the elder who sits in front of the campfire, shaping my hands into heroes and villains from legends centuries ago, spirits of past storytellers speaking through my lips. My stories may be fantasy, but it will be worth it for the moral changes I’ll make for generations. 

⤷ I’ll be the monk who sits in the tower of a stone church, scribing the stories of devils and angels in dark and candlelight. My fingers will be rubbed raw with ink and blisters, but it will be worth it for the words that will stain history. 

⤷ I’ll be the printer that stamps the same letters onto blank papers that need a meaning. They’ll  be thousands that I’ll feed with my eternal supply of ink and I’ll never rest, but it will be worth it if people can now unlock the power of my words for themselves. 

⤷ I’ll be the library that holds the minds of the smartest, cleverest, greatest people who ever lived. My books may dust and yellow with age on my endless shelves, but it will be worth it if their words will have a home to be preserved. 

⤷ I’ll be the computer that will answer you may anything you ask, for you are my master and your wish is my command. I sometimes stretch the truth, but it will be worth it if I can get people coming back for more.  

⤷ I’ll be the narrator who will take the stage to a crowd of hundreds, telling the story of another opening to another play. I’ll look in on people’s lives when they don’t know I’m there, but it will be worth it if a story needs telling.  
I believe that I can reach a goal of sharing and telling stories to people to bring change to people’s lives just a little, whether that be their perceptions on something, or their thinking completely. Hopefully, the dream will become reality one day and with all the support given to me on Write the World and competition opportunities, I feel so motivated to go on my journey to become a director, writer and playwright! Thank you, every one of you that takes the time to read my works, like and comment on them. It’s so thoughtful and I want to return the favour.

1

• journal.scribbles

*clicks comment* Hmmm... *gives up because nobody can give comments as well as you do and the four comments here say everything I was going to*

Yes, yes, yes Ellen! I agree with this completely and you've phrased it so beautifully through the multiple perspectives of people.
    and don't forget all of us at WtW when you're all famous okay?

• Eblinn

Yes! I can totally imagine you becoming a great inspiration for many.
    "spirits of past storytellers speaking through my lips" Such a lovely description!

• elliem

"My stories may be fantasy, but it will be worth it for the moral changes I’ll make for generations. "--> Ellen, that's so meaningful and gorgeous. I'm totally rooting for you! You have such raw talent and the world will love seeing that when you become a famous playwright/director.

• A Certain Type of Decisive

I like this- what is storytelling, really? Is it all the same, whether you are the printer or the monk, or is it what you make of it? What gives a computer any less right to be an artist? This made me smile- great job!