RegentCorgi

The world is crazy, my life is crazy... but, hey. You know who's still going strong?

Me.

Sometimes, it helps just to write it out. :)

Forgotten

8
I think of myself as a kind person. Smart. Persevering. Someone who genuinely cares about others, who loves despite flaws. I know that sounds conceited, but... despite all my faults, it's truly how I see myself.

My greatest fear, though... my greatest fear is not being enough.

Enough is a funny word, isn't it? What does it mean, anyway? That we've satisfied ourselves? Others?

To me, it's synonymous to remembered. I need to do enough—I need to be enough, to be remembered. To know that I've mattered in the lives of people, teachers, friends, that I've left behind me. Those that only came into my life in passing, but impacted my life. I want to know that I've impacted theirs.

I don't want to be forgotten.

Forgotten means that I haven't done enough to matter; that I haven't given enough. It means that I'm not enough.

And that's what scares me. God, it scares me more than anything I've ever known.

• ★ white mountains ★

i really felt this. something i struggle a lot with too.

• Lone Wolf

You won't be forgotten, you're more than enough! <3

• Doodleninja

let it all out, that's why I love writing, cos I can VENT. XD
    and I can completely relate to you on this one, we can never be satisfied, we can never be enough. It's tough, but it's the truth.