Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Reading | Cub Creek (A Cub Creek Series Book 1)

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: happy butterfly)

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

A Small Town Coffee Shop

17

Nostalgic tones of blue and gray
Stain the walls with a murmur of harmony
People from every corner of this community
Even more diverse than the paintings on the wall

The subtle scent of coffee brewing
Permeates the place, fueling the atmosphere of acceptance
Empty cups on wooden tables scattered about
Starbucks doesn't give you conversation with its fancy brews
Yes, what other place serves the taste of "welcome home"
I wrote this in an awesome local coffee shop today. My dad immediately showed it to the owner, who actually read it on his live stream. ^u^

1

• mia_:)

I saw your comment on Dmoral13's appreciation post! you're so sweet! ily too! haha i'm the adoptable one :) *contemplates charging interest* Also, I totally agree with your comment and I told Dmoral13 so :) Like, you totally summed me up in a nutshell! I think it's crazy how we would be such good friends irl :D <3

• Eleanor M

that's so amazing!! I love this especially, because I used to live in Shepherdstown, WV, so I definitely know what small town nostalgia is like. thank you thank you thank you for writing this! :)))

also, CONGRATULATIONS, that's amazing that the owner read it on his livestream! you deserve it.

• A Certain Type of Decisive

I didn't realize how quarantine would make me long for such little things like coffee shops- it's beautiful and makes me miss it all :/

• inanutshell

i always love pieces about coffee shops, they give off a lovely vibe that i'm always down for & yours is no different! congrats on it being read!

• mia_:)

Replying: *faints* Now I'm REALLY jealous! OPEN MIC? Have you ever performed? Your work is sooo good, so you could totally pull it off! Ugh so wish that our city was more cultured :(

• mia_:)

Oh my gosh! My life is a lie! I've been to Starbucks, but since I can't eat anything, I haven't ordered there and/or hung out there. Other than that, we don't really have coffee shops that aren't chains. How does my city have no quality coffee shops? @Stone of Jade, your bookstore/coffee shop sounds heavenly! *jealousy* :P :D

Oh my word I just remembered! Before quarantine I found the best coffee shop EVER! It was inside this used bookstore. Literally the atmosphere was perfect! Coffee, tea, and hundreds of books!

This makes me miss going and sitting in coffee places. Where we live there is a TON of coffee places. My fav thing to do is sketch gestures of the people around me. It helps inspire me!

Oh, I love coffee! This really reminds me of the coffee area at my work where I grind coffee sometimes for customers. Really good description here!

• Halopoet

You know this reminds me of a coffee shop i read sbout in a book"the bastard of istanbul". There was an unusual group of people who got together in that coffee shop. It was so cool, just like your poem

When I read this, I felt like I was in a homey coffee shop where everyone gets together for a nice cup of coffee. I loved reading this. :)

replying: oops i mean to say i’ve never been to a local coffee shop! if you count starbucks though? i thought that might have a diff vibe than what a local one might have but i mean...clearly i don’t have the best judgement lol. i don’t really get much time to chill at cozy places outside the house T^T

omg that’s so cool! never been to a coffee shop, sad to say. also your emoji is so adorable lol

• mia_:)

Replying: CONGRATS! *throws confetti in the air* Seems like I have an endless supply of confetti these days . . . thank you so much! I'll check it out! <3

• mia_:)

So gorgeous! Ahhh is it possible to crave a coffee shop? Congrats on having your poem read! I don't really show people my pieces so that's cool that you're so public! Your sensory details are so good here! <3

ahh, this is so gorgeous and nostalgic! totally worth being read in a livestream! the first line reeled me right in and held on until the very last! gosh, every line works in sync with the other and it's so... warm? like a home i never had. brilliant <3