Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Twin
Disfusive
A bit empathic
A living oxymoron
WTW mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie & everyone
WTW sis to happy butterfly
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ

Joined 1/16/2020

I'm so glad I've been to inspire a few people with my story and poetry

Anthem of a Restricted Wanderer

15

My body and mind are weak, and I don't understand why!
Doctors look at me and shake their heads in defeat.
If these experts are helpless, what does that make me?

Well, I am living, and I am more than just alive.
In this season, I will learn to trust even when my heart crashes down.
It is joy that I sing now, not anger or despair.

Wherever I am is where He has placed me.
Whether that's Tennessee or the bed of my frailty,
I know that God has anointed me to be His beauty and light.
I wrote this immediately after listening to Melody Joy Cloud's cover of Spirit Lead Me.

• June 4, 2020 - 12:16am (Now Viewing)

Ok I'm dumb.the 3 was supposed to be a heart .there you go<3

On a more serious note:I think its beautiful how in the beginning there's sadness and a bit of fear and then you end off with hope and strength3

I love this is so sweet and I love how you just had to plop in Tennessee! lol but really I love how its its kinddd of a common theme.That made no sense.You know what I mean? Ok peace out.lol i never say that i promise

I love the song, Spirit Lead Me! And this is just as beautiful. Really encouraging, and I am sure you inspire more than just a few people. It amazes me how positive you are despite what you are going through; you are so strong!

• mia_:)

Replying: That's so cool! Have you ever submitted a poem to a magazine or something? I am trying to find one, but it's hard since I'm only 13 and you have to be at least 15 for most of them :( So, if you know of any, can you let me know?

• løne wølf

PREACH <3

• Doodleninja

absolutely beautiful writing. I love that line "I am more than just alive" like YES, AMEN TO THAT. I love how you lean on God even in the midst of frailty, you are super inspiring <3

• mia_:)

And I spelt Tennessee wrong, didn't I :(

• mia_:)

I totally agree with A Certain Type of Decisive! Watch out, Tennesee! Here comes Anne Blackwood! *cue the music*

• A Certain Type of Decisive

Someday, you're going to be wandering again- you'll go to Tennessee and Europe and Hawaii and you'll meet the strangest people and have the most wonderful stories. Someday you'll remember all the dreams you make now, not as dreams, but as plans.

"Well, I am living, and I am more than just alive.
    In this season, I will learn to trust even when my heart crashes down." yep, she's a fighter! beautiful~

• delete

Anne, this so emotive and well written! I love that this poem is short but gets the point across of the person’s faith in God, even when they are restricted to a hospital bed or may not have that long to live. I get a message of always having faith when times are tough, that some good can come out of bad. Thank you for that reinforcement especially now with what’s happening in the world!