PaigeM

Give any feedback. But watch your mouth, because God knows what you're doing. It is in His will that vengeance will come.

All Lives Matter

I'm confused about the term "Black Lives Matter." Is it just me? Ever heard of the fact that there is more than one race? For instance, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, White/Caucasian, etc. Are we as a whole forgetting that there are more than just black lives? Yes, horrible things have happened to black people. But have you forgotten what happened to Jews? What happened during the holocaust? Are you forgetting that white people are targeted? How white men are being punished for the acts of other white men? Did you know, that people have been poorly and unfairly treated since the time of Adam and Eve? Life isn't fair. The only thing we can do is help others to make it better. Don't forget, black lives aren't the only lives out there. Black, White, Asian, Native Hawaiian, Indian, etc., lives matter. ALL lives matter. Stop looking at the small images and see the bigger picture. We aren't together. Just because we are in the same boat does not mean we are in the same storm. Remember that. 

• anonymous_123

I'm sorry that people are giving you so much hate, that's what happened o me so I deleted it so there could be piece. But some people need to watch what they say because it hurts. You guys only see what on the news and that's all black, but there are other things and races that aren't on the news going through things

• anonymous_123

I agree, we need to look at all races. But blacks are going through a lot, it's sad!

• the contrarian

Here is a piece that will explain it more.

• jun lei

hon, black lives matter doesn't mean that other lives don't.

• the contrarian

I can ask you "what is 2+2" and you can say "well, it's not 3." Seeing people say "Black Lives Matter" and responding with "All Lives Matter" is not only insensitive but goes to show that you haven't gone out of your way to properly educate yourself on current events. It's not a wrong answer, but it's definitely not the right one.
    Might I recommend you read the pieces I've published on police brutality and what happened to George Floyd? It might change your outlook.

• mia_:)

Of course all lives matter, but given what we're currently dealing with, I think this piece might be a bit offensive. I know I liked this post, but after re-reading it, I feel like it's dismissing the BLM movement, which is not okay. I am Jewish and was actually kind of offended by your statement about the Holocaust. I agree with Sunny. Not all Jewish people are white and making blanket statements can offend people. I'm sorry to anyone who was offended by my previous comment :( I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I just strongly believe that everyone matters. I agree with everyone who has commented on this piece and again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone! <3

I understand what you're trying to say, but please understand what The BLM movement is about. It's not about how only Black Lives Matter, it's about how black lives matter today, right now, because of violence against them in the US. Police brutality against African-Americans is an extremely sad reality that we face today. All Lives Matter is not an appropriate response to the BLM movement, because it deflects from what the original movement is all about. Please do educate yourself about BLM before making statements such as this.

• HelpMe512

I agree! However, it can be a little offensive, especially with all these protests going on. While all lives do matter, we need to focus on the groups at risk. Black lives matter puts focus on the group most at risk. White people are not as oppressed as black people and that is a fact. Grouping everyone together just takes emphasis away from everything happening right now. Black lives matter just spreads more awareness for the issues at hand

and those of you who have liked this and shared the sentiment, i am confused and disappointed. please, please educate yourselves.

• Two Heartbeats

I can't saw I agree with the intent of this post. Black people are a victim of police brutality in the U.S. above ant other race. In the holocaust people fought to protect the unfair violence of Jews. Right now we are fighting to protect the unfair violence against black people. It's not that ALL lives matter. It's just that some lives (Like mine) are born into privilege. When someone is bleeding, you don't give a bandaid to everyone. The bigger picture is that there is a trend of violence in the U.S. against black people.

i don’t understand why you’re bringing past historical events into this. “white people are being targeted” no. the jewish were targeted because hitler chose a marginalized religious group for genocide. not because they were white, and in fact, there are non-white jewish people. of course all lives matter. NO ONE said that they don’t. but because black lives right now bear the BRUNT of racism and oppression in America, the absolute most and FULL FORCE of it, THEY are the ones who we will protect. take it this way: if your friend gets a paper cut while i’m having a heart attack, who would you focus on saving? me, correct? why? because my situation is much more severe. by saving me, you are not invalidating your friend who has a papercut’s pain. you’re prioritizing. black lives matter. i suggest you read this: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/170886/version/337656