Hazel Nut

-Avid reader
-musician
-Artist
-professional procrastinator
-Romanticist
-Slythadoor
-Ambivert
- Horrible taste in music

I don't really write much, and if is do it is often about death.

Countdown

16
I am a cancer survivor.
or at least I will be.
Tomorrow I will have my cancer removed. Along with it... my eyes.

24 hours.
The stress. The anxiety. All I want to do is see the world, but some foolish ill-advised doctor has to come and snatch it away. I have never, ever, felt this much pain.

18 hours.
The emotion. Desire, despair, grief, longing. Thousands of emotions flooding through me. I will never get to fully live my life. All I want to do is cry. Lie down and die. Say goodbye.

12 hours.
I want to live. See the world. All the colors. But I can't. I will never get to live life to the fullest. Never get to see the world. Procrastination. Hesitation. 

6 hours.
The fear. The panic. I will never see my house again. My room. My kitchen. I will never see a face again. Laughing eyes. Humourous smiles. I will never see again.

0 hours.
This is it. This is my life now. No going back. Goodbye sunlight. Goodbye scenery. Goodbye world. Goodbye

1

• Bluesno

I know what i said might come across as nasty, but it's just one of those things that really upset me

• Bluesno

Look, it is a beautiful poem, but could you have written it about something else.....

Personally, i really dislike this type of writing, because it can be wrong, or not what is actually going on for a person that is actually going through what you wrote about

• sci-Fi

Re: thanks. I just published it.

• sci-Fi

oh my gods, this is so heartbreaking. This made me feel too many things to put in one comment, so I'm writing my own piece

• mystifiedtulip

too heartbreaking for a sensitive girl like me to handle. cancer is one of those things no one wants to experience, and yet still some people are. i would wish that no one would experience such terrible things, but i can't do anything about it. :/

sending love to all the cancer survivors out there! <3 <3 <3

btw, this was an amazing and heart felted piece. i love it. :)

This is so sad! I agree with Jasmine, I thought this was you talking in the beginning!

• Jasmine khawar

This is heartbreaking!! And beautiful, once I was scared that- is it happening to you?? But now I know from the comments it isn't you. This is really a touching piece <3

This piece was so emotional. Cancer is horrible and I definitely got that from your piece. The anxiety, the panic, the fear, the terror and the depression of the cancer survivor was clearly passed to the reader.

• elliem

This is so emotional and beautifully written. Thank you for spreading awareness. I hope you are having a good day/night. :)

• mia_:)

This is so emotional and so thought-provoking! I especially love the 6 hours stanza because of all the raw emotions. I'm glad that this isn't inspired by something that happened to you! :)

Hey, Hazel Nut, when you want to reply to a comment on your piece, it's best to type it on one of the other person's pieces so they get the notification (Format it "Replying: *your message*" or something similar). I hope that didn't come off as stuck up. <3

• Hazel Nut

don't worry. it didn't happen to me. I can see perfectly fine and I did not have cancer. thank you for your concern though Happy butterfly :)

This is so emotional, if this happened to you then I'm sending love and strength <3

• Tushar Mandhan

The book was heart-breaking.....the piece captures the pain really well<3

• Hazel Nut

hi K-9crazy. have your every read the fault in our stars? well, I won't spoil it for you (but I highly recommend it) but in the book, there is a boy called Isaac who has cancer in his eyes and he must get it removed along with his eyesight.

Woe! This is really full of emotion. I'm shocked. What inspired you to write it?