Karma's_Coming

AJR
Bored Washingtonian who thinks 60 degrees is hot (cause it is)
An INTP-A / INTP-T apparently??
Weeeeeeeebb
My response to how was your day will always be
"Meh"
I'm a meh person, what can i say
This is a family show...
Or is it?

“It’s hard to be different...And perhaps the best answer is not to tolerate differences, not even to accept them. But to celebrate them. Maybe then those who are different would feel more loved, and less, well, tolerated.”

I’m almost certain that The Office theme song is on constant replay in my mind. It’s either that or the Wii song.

Pan. Not a frying pan though. Unless...

I could tell you that I didn’t listen to the DEH soundtrack again, but that would be a lie.

Writing Justice

I’m not gonna follow a very strict format. I’m just gonna rant. So here it is. 

This sucks. You would think, that after so long, we would be better. That the injustices towards people of color would end long ago. I mean, we look at the history books. I’m learning about the Civil War in my Honors class RIGHT NOW. So why is it still happening when we thought we solved the problem long ago? The answer is not simple. Not in any way. We were brought up surrounded by racism and stories of hate. It doesn’t matter if you had amazing parents who raised you to love everyone, you’re still exposed to hate. We watch the news, we are surrounded by students who express hate towards minorities. And it’s looking hopeless. Because you can’t reach everyone with your words. But you can try. And you can sure bring justice. The acts currently being committed in the U.S. are devastating. I saw a video today that showed a little girl being pepper sprayed by police authorities. Now, I don’t know what the story was, I only saw the reaction. But what could a seven year old little girl do to provoke being PEPPER SPRAYED IN THE FACE? But the reaction is relieving. I was scrolling through Instagram, and almost everyone’s stories mentioned the protests or had the #blacklivesmatter. Jessethereader, a booktuber, was spam posting support for protesters and activists. He was spreading the news. Now I only have ONE problem with ONE of the posts I saw today. It was trash talking whites. Now, I’m white. Let’s lay that on the line real quick. Let’s also lay this on the line. I’m not racist. My parents aren’t racist. My friends aren’t racist. So when I saw that post, basically saying that all white cops suck and that all white people are racist? That kinda sucked. But I do agree with ONE thing this person said. This person said that white people should recognize our privilege. They can’t exactly tell us that we’re living our best lives, but whites don’t have to go through what black people do. Moving on though, I’ve also seen a lot of hopeful, inspiring videos and photos going around. There was the one of the cop turning the protest into a parade, putting down with helmet and button and TALKING with the protesters. And the one of the protesters dancing. Or the picture of the old, white man holding a sign reading, “you don’t have to be black to be angry.” There are so many videos, pictures, posts, and petitions. And I haven’t seen them all. I don’t have all the information. But, as a thirteen year old girl in northern Washington, I’m trying to do what I can. So repost, text the justice lines, sign the petitions, SPREAD THE NEWS. 
 (Also, if you have Instagram, go to Barack Obama’s account. He posted an eight page inspirational message that was absolutely stunning. You should go read it.)

I sincerely apologize if anything I said hurt or offended you in any way. I know this is such a sensitive subject and I’m honestly scared about saying something stupid. So please please please, if I made a mistake, please tell me. Anywho, have a nice day. 

• June 3, 2020 - 12:41am (Now Viewing)

Wow, you worded this perfectly. I did see that little girl that got pepper sprayed in the face. It infuriated me, good lord. And, I agree with you, trash talking whites is racist as well. We should all just accept each other for crying out loud. What is wrong with some people? Sorry, now I'm going on a rant. Anyhow, thank you for writing this! :)

• Chloe :) <3

There are a lot of people who need to read this! You've put it so plainly but perfectly. If you are interested, I wrote a piece bout this too - https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/170386/version/336477 and would love to know what you thought!