A Certain Type of Decisive

Just your unfriendly neighborhood disaster, bringing you bi-weekly updates from the bottom of my own shoe!

An ode to the people I never complimented- when do I tell people I think they are beautiful so it comes off as sincere? Some I had a (almost purely physical) crush on for ages said they always thought they were ugly and I wanted to tell them, but I didn't. Should I have?

Beautiful (Beautiful) Beautiful

7
Round hands round fingers (soft soft soft) just a little out of proportion but in a good way
You know those noses that curve down? (two little crooked spots) a face in all dimensions?
The eyes of the boy I saw across campus (dark dark dark) the sun caught them and it looked like stars
Little white high top converse (legs so thin they might be cylindrical) and cuffed jeans
She always wears her hair down, but in a pony tail (tight tight tight) her ears stick out just a little
Little gap in his teeth (between his front and back incisors) but you only see it when he grins
His hair, his lips, his skin (white, white, white) but his eyes are so blue
Her eyelashes are short (and sweet and to the point) you have to lean in a little closer for butterfly kisses
Her forehead arches (back back back) and her hair's as orange as the setting sun
That woman at the airport who looked like if you got too close (but oh how I wanted to) you would melt together into a single being
Crows feet by his eyes  (creased creased creased) he's always laughing
The perfect curves in her face (if only I understood sculpting) gently sloping like hills, dotted with flowers
Finger laced together (holding hands holding hands holding hands) corsets are just as beautiful and just as tight
And everyone I've ever seen, they're all just
Beautiful (beautiful) beautiful

• Chloe :) <3

Replying: Contest Results are Out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/178685/version/356929

Ok my comment sounds so annoying compared to theirs,love that for me

I agree completely with Anne and sunny so I don't want to repeat so you think I'm weird lol.but quick quick wanna say AGAIN that I love(just like they said)how you captured random peoples beauties.And totally tell people if you think they are beautiful or just want to compliment. I used to be sooo shy about it but now I'm not.Coz you never know if they are having confidence issues or are having a rough time,and your words could boost their happiness. :)

Oh my gosh, you get it. sunny.v said it better, but you captured the simple quirks (beauties) of people so well... it's amazing.
    Also agreeing with sunny.v on the complimenting thing. I used to be so scared of complimenting people, but now I try to live by the rule that if you think something nice about someone (even/especially strangers), try to say it whenever you can. It spreads positivity with an awesome ripple effect, and it doesn't take much effort on your part (once you get used to it).

wow, not to be ironic, but: BEAUTIFUL. you do a wonderful job of making the ordinary details of these people into something to be admired. awesome work. also, to answer your message to readers: as someone who literally just goes “lol you’re so pretty”, i’ll tell you to yolo it and tell people they’re beautiful when you think so. it honestly could make someone’s day, and you’ll regret it more if you hadn’t taken the opportunity!