mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

This was the hardest one for me to write so far, since I've definitely never experienced énouement. If you have, let me know in the comments! Not my best work, but it's work no less! :)

énouement

5
the future is the present and the past present is long gone.

clocks whirl their hands forward at an alarming rate, and with each tick of the second hand,
         a newfound revelation that exists only in your current brain.

questions you've pondered in the dappled sunlight years ago are rhetorical no longer and 

w o n d e r i n g s  have become  k n o w i n g s  and nostalgia runs ever through your veins.

you envy the time travelers;  you curse the deities who have every version of themself laid out on their plate,
    tucked between napkin and knives. 

for what good are answers if you have no past self to share them with?

énouement, you say as you lament your predicament. 

time is a demon, you decide as you watch ripples spread through your muddy reflection.

but it's not time you hate. it's the inability to sit beside yourself beneath in the walnut groves

and spill insight infused ink into your past brain.
https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/34300648208/%C3%A9nouement

énouement - the bittersweetness of having answers, but not being able to share them with your past self 

hey!! i just realized that i wrote a piece by the same title. Is it okay that i do that? if you'd like me to rename it, i'll definitely respect that.
    This piece is amazing, by the way! :) hope you're having a great day!

i think i forgot to leave a comment on this oh well too late because i think everyone's said what i wanted to say? gosh, this is really one of those pieces that you can't choose a favorite line because it's all so meticulously woven together that saying one line is my favorite would invalidate the next. lovely lovely lovely! <3

• Tushar Mandhan

You can proudly say you're the most sophisticated vocabulary!

• Chloe :) <3

This piece is so beautiful!! I can definitely relate to it in one way of another and some of the ideas! I loved to read it! Keep writing <3

"for what good are answers if you have no past self to share them with?"
    "sit beside yourself beneath in the walnut groves

and spill insight infused ink into your past brain."
    This may have been the hardest one for you to write, but it's my favorite; it is stunning.