mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

again, unfiltered thoughts! let me know if you have suggestions because I didn't edit this :)

opia

5
you see through me
                                  you     swallow    me    with     your    amber    eyes

i always thought that mouths were the orifices that did the consuming  but     i     was     wrong

i render myself  d e f e n s e l e s s  by staring back.

i stretch my fingers and caress your tangible soul and immediately regret it.

n o t         m y         p l a c e 

i n v a s i v e    /    m e d d l e s o m e     /     p r y i n g

a plant you don't want in your garden, but keeps pushing through rich soil time and time again

i feel so exposed in the limelight of your pupils / do     you     feel    the    same     ?    ?    ?

i'm     gonna     drown     in the sea of your gaze

i'm     gonna     burn     in the desert of your iris

but i can't escape

opia opia opia opia

and your eyes have those gold flecks i never noticed before

do you notice how my eyes fade from grass to mud?   
https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/37651224370/opia

Yet another addition to my collection! 

I don't know if I've ever really experienced this one, but it's the the feeling of being invasive, yet vulnerable through eye contact

*follows dramatically *

OH. MY .GOSH this is so perfect and so beautiful!
    I feel this so much.
    YOU ARE SO TALENTED.
    Also how do you have the patience with all the hard formatting? Lol

you render these words so beautifully in this collection of works that i am stunned. the last few lines just bring another layer of flavor into it (flavor? flAAvor?) the formatting is masterfully done too!
    "i always thought that mouths were the orifices that did the consuming but i was wrong" ohhhh beautifullll.
    "i stretch my fingers and caress your tangible soul and immediately regret it." and then the weird formatting following it. the narrator's voice *chef's kiss* amazing!

Oh my gosh, you've described this so well. I totally get this feeling and I wish me from like a year ago could see this so she'd be like "Oh, no need to write a poem about something when it's been done this amazingly".