mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

This is un-edited and not particularly good, but I hope it's thought-provoking. That's my whole goal of my new challenge: to push past writer's block and eventually write something fabulous!

sonder

6
how can the earth hold the cumulation of our memories without sinking into space, spiralling out of orbit due to the sheer weight of it?

how many snapshots of life have i appeared in? a passerby on the street, a car parked on the side of the highway, a plane flying low over countryside. i'm an extra in millions of movies, few of which will ever hit theaters, but took years of production no less. 

crumpled bills falling into guitar cases. any one of these strangers could be the reason i eat tonight. they all have something to return home to. pets. children. grandparents. nothing. 

how can the web of human interactions leave space to breathe? A cashier at a grocery store, audiences watching stunning performances. i run my fingers along book spines as you flip through audiobooks one aisle over. we make eye contact and never see each other again.

but you have a story that i'll never know, one that's as rich and full of history as my own. no life is born in an instant, no matter how brief my interaction is. over seven billion stories unfolding as i type. it's mind-boggling. 

everyone has a story, one of life, joy, and sadness. and sonder swirls in my brain, craving to know them all. 
https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/23536922667/sonder

sonder - the realization that everyone has a life as complex as your own

I guess I'm starting this collection thing. So, I found this post on Pinterest with 23 feelings people have that they can't explain. I decided to try to capture them in poetry! A mini challenge for myself :) 

I experience sonder a lot, but I never knew there was a technical term!

So I see you've been going through the dictionary of obscure sorrows? I approve.

• poetri

the nuances in this are absolutely breathtaking, and the way you expressed sonder so vividly throughout this whole piece was just...*chef's kiss.* fantastic work!

you expressed sonder beautifully! sonder, like most other terms from the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows, is a pretty difficult feeling to capture through writing (speaking from personal experience) but you did it in a gorgeously succinct way!
    'crumpled bills falling into guitar cases. any one of these strangers could be the reason i eat tonight.' favorite lines, definitely. i love this <3