Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! I always want to hear ways to improve! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-36 here:

~~
"He looked as if he'd just galloped out of the pages of a novel."

"All the great stories are about unrequited love."

"Perhaps love unfolds out of a burgeoning friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slips from its green sheath."

Anonymous

7
I publish my scribbles here. I don't know why I put most of them here first. I have a blog, which is followed by my family and friends. So why do I write on this site? 

I think it is because here, I am anonymous.

I don't have to worry about if my writing causes my friends to hate me, or think me weird, or messed up. I write my feelings. I don't have to worry that my poem about being hurt by a friend will be read by that person. I don't have to worry that my deep feelings will be ridiculed by others. They don't see what is inside me. They don't see how anxious I get, how depression seeps its way back into me on the especially hard days. But if they read what I write, would they see it? Would it change their minds about me?

Here, I am anonymous.

No one knows me. No one's opinion of me changes because of what I write. I can write about those little moments that are too embarrassing to share with those who know me. I can scribble with my tears about those who are unaware they hurt me. I can let out my pain through words in a prayer. I can laugh through my joy in sparks of imagination. I write what is in my inner being, and no one sees any different.

But is that right? To trust strangers with my soul instead of my friends. My friends don't judge me by the works of my pen--I know this. But it is a deep fear that if I let them read the ink of my heart, they might start to see me different. Am I different through what I write?

Is it a hindrance or a help to be anonymous

• July 22, 2020 - 10:15pm (Now Viewing)

• Dmoral

In response to your comment about Wuthering Heights,
    i actually wrote a poem about my thoughts and ideas from it lol, it was a muse i had (see bottom of comment). also in the footnotes are some of my ideas/takes on it, plus a few others have commented that they've read the book, so check them out too!

toxic relationships are all we know: mutualism

• RemovedUser1

Yes, this is great! I also sometimes feel the same way. I love how you wrote “the ink of my heart.” That’s really good.

This is so relatable lol

• black_and_red_ink

This is a very thought-provoking piece. I'm going to check out your blog now, if you don't mind. I'm curious :) .

• cherryn

this was so relatable! i love how you used rhetorical questions in this piece. well done! and i think there's many upsides to being anonymous on WTW.