outoftheblue

est. april 2020
15, old soul?
indie rock enthusiast (i'd love to hear your recommendations!)
really just a tall bean with a lot of opinions
"I am going to make it through this year, if it kills me"- the mountain goats, this year.

Happy Pride! Spread positivi-tea! I've decided to post the final piece on the last day of June.
and also, quotes in other languages are completely welcome :)

I SAW SOMEONE REFERENCE THIS IN LIKE ANOTHER POST TODAY AND I GOT SO EXCITED
SDFBKSJHDGKA

Quotes For The Community (Please read so i know this isn't an insane idea) *laughs nervously*

47
hey everybody, i know the current world situation/situation on WtW even, isn't the greatest right now, so i thought of this fun little thing called 'Quotes For The Community'. basically, just leave a quote in the comments section of this piece that inspires you. it can be from a book, movie, a historical figure, author, poem on Wtw even. just try and choose inspirational/optimistic ones please. and after some time, if i get enough quotes, i'd like to compile everyone's comments into a single piece.
i was actually inspired by Samina's piece 'Make A Change', which you should definitely go check out.

• fatpanda

replying: eric is indeed an icon, but i don't think there were people in the show he could have a healthy relationship with?? paxton makes me cringe more frequently than devi does, and that's no mean feat.
    (yeah i thought he was really good looking but looking back i realize that i didn't find him attractive, i just wanted to be friends with him?? heteronormativity innit)

• Wicked!

Replying: ah, I thought that it was d/m/yy when it was dd/yy. I started using wtw in april or may last year.

• Wicked!

Replying: uh, pretending that it didn't happen. (But 1705 lol.) Wow, I feel incredibly stupid, but happy belated birthday lol.

• Wicked!

Also, I think that tomorrow might be your birthday, and if it isn't, I'll delete this comment and pretend that it never happened.

• Wicked!

Replying: ah, family WhatsApp groups usually suck and then you can't really call your relatives out, even when they're being outright bigots, and that sucks even more. Thank you for your comment—I honestly spent a shitload of time and brain over that oped, so any feedback makes me really happy :)

• fatpanda

what about you?

• fatpanda

replying: i'm not sure what to think of the whole eric/adam situation. while i do think it was pretty toxic at the start, i feel that adam has shown massive character development. and while it does have potential to be a relationship where they both excel, we haven't seen enough of them as a proper couple to comment. and i ship devi with me ;))
    jk jk with neither bc paxton's a dick and ben looks too much like a guy i had a crush on to even comprehend.

• Samina

Hey, nice your Anoushka only!!! XD

• Wicked!

Replying: oh shit, the evil eye strikes.

• Wicked!

Replying: Uhh I guess this sounds creepy? But like, whenever there's stupid ignorant shit like this happening, I always read the previous comments, ig to like remember which of the people who commented are cool, and which are assholes. Ah social distancing! I can't believe people, honestly. Like, there's actual parties and weddings happening? Why? Why? Goddamn, the privilege in believing that blm just happened out of the blue. I'm sorry you had a rough day! Hope tomorrow's better! And it's definitely a nice term lol

• Wicked!

So you commented on the claim about the blm protests starting out of the blue, and now your username is outoftheblue—coincidence?

replying: you can absolutely link my piece, i would be flattered! i've been playing flute for four years-ish, and guitar for three. to answer the pronouns question, you don't have to use them when talking to me directly, just when referring to me to someone else in third-person, just like you would when using she/her or he/him, thanks for asking! do you play any instruments?

replying: i listen to the decemberists and florence + the machine too, and also the mountain goats, arcade fire, bon iver, and fleetwood mac. i play flute and guitar.

• asta

replying: YES i saw the tupperware teens, when that one girl told john to not act young because it's weird i SCREAMED lmao john looked like he was dying inside. also, congrats on your highly commended, it was a lovely piece!

“we will do it again even if it’s hard and even if the moments of grace seem few and far between. may those moments of grace breed in us like bacteria, good friendly bacteria that keeps the machine running smoothly.” - mountain goats twitter account
    “who cares if you do or don’t. someone is in the subway talking to themself. talking about talking. talking about nobody listening. who cares if you ‘make’ art. what is ‘making’? seeing is making only if someone is seeing. the person in the subway is screaming ‘nobody is listening,’ but everyone is listening and seeing and making and being.” - keith haring
    not quotes, but if you’re looking for motivational or happy things to read, i really recommend the poem “wild geese” by mary oliver and the article “i know what you think of me” by tim kreider.

• Wicked!

Replying: You're welcome! And it was a really nice piece :)

• Wicked!

Replying: sure, I'll let you know! The ambassadorship is pretty cool. The work is basically three peer reviews every week—whether that's too much or not is subjective ig. Do you want to know more about it? Also, congratulations on the high commendation :)

• Wicked!

Replying: ha lol. That piece is supposed to be a poem, but I'm planning to edit it after around two weeks of writing it (I've read that people do this and it does make sense) so when I finish it, it might end up as prose idek. But it's definitely not going to be an informative essay. Also, thanks for replying on a social piece and not a writing piece—not a lot of people do that and it is a little irksome.

• Wicked!

Replying: okay damn that's good to know. I was internally screaming at myself. And yes—I take a spoonful of malai and just eat it. (Are you gagging yet?)

• Wicked!

Replying: lol I get what you mean—my sister thinks malai is really gross and almost pukes when she sees me just eating it lol. Also I hope that part didn't come across as rude—I meant it more as joke, if that makes sense? Like I just felt weirdly defensive of malai (this sounds so incredibly stupid, damn). That comment seemed terribly hypocritical of me when I read it again I'm literally so stupid

• Happy butterfly

I love this idea so much.Ill go find my favorite quotes(I don't remember them) and comment in a bit:)

• asta

"I found the Muse in myself. And I loved her fiercely."--Annie Finch

“I can see the sun, but even if I cannot see the sun, I know that it‘s there. And there’s a whole life in that -- in knowing that the sun is there.” - Dovstoyevsky

• Gabriel Goodwin

"See with eyes unclouded by hate."

- Hayao Miyazaki

I love the man and his creations! I also love how he encourages us to love the world despite his views on them. It's hard to love after all :(

• AutumnRain

Here is my favourite quote:

“Spread love wherever you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
    -Mother Teresa

What a great idea to spread some positivity at this time :)

• amaryllis

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

“I can see the sun, but even if I cannot see the sun, I know that it‘s there. And there’s a whole life in that - in knowing that the sun is there.” - Fyodor Dovstoyevsky

• naomi ling

fantastic idea! here's one i found really moving :):

"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -- Dumbledore

• The Moving Finger Writes

Heroes don’t become heroes because of circumstance. They become heroes despite circumstance.
    - Barry Allen, Elseworlds, Hour 3

Opportunity can knock with any hand, Kevin.
    - Elliot/Klaus Baudelaire, A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Carnivorous Carnival

This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end. This is just, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
    - Winston Churchill

You can kill the dreamer, but you can’t kill the dream.
    - Dr. Martin Luther King

• ReaganMarie2024

"Be the person who can smile on the saddest day."
    Anonymous
    "That Love is all there is,
    Is all we know of Love."
    -Emily Dickinson

"My God turns my darkness into light."
    Proverbs 18:28

• Daisy + Sage

“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” “Rainbows only come out after the fiercest storms.”
    Also, thanks for your comment on my piece. Whoo! Tall girls unite!!

• Mishthi Sharma

"If you feel like under control, you're not going fast enough"-Mario Andretti
    "Sometime you are the bug, sometime you are the windshield"-Anonymous

• what is this ban (spectral)

"draw a monster. why is it a monster?"- janice lee.
    "we’re not lost. we’re just headed somewhere different." -emily pan, the astonishing color of after
    "and the universe said the darkness that you fight is within you, the light that you seek is within you." -minecraft end poem
    "we laughed we played we got hurt we grew strong." -smiles and tears, earthbound

• Samina

Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
    Anne Frank
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Sorry I am late, I couldn't find something better.

• astrorbit__04

"what's your name, speak yourself" - kim namjoon (RM) of BTS

• A Certain Type of Decisive

"If you've been holding off on creating that thing because you're waiting to have it all figured out: Stop. Just start making it... So show up today and make something fucking cool" (Justin McElroy)
    I just love this quote because it followed the end of "The Adventure Zone: Balance," one of the most incredible stories I have ever heard, one made me laugh, that broke my heart, and made me cry for hours when it was over. If that kind of thing can come from just doing things? I don't know, it just makes me want to make every thought I've ever had into a reality. Sorry about redoing this, I misquoted the first time lol, this is the real quote.

• Lone Wolf

"No one is born ugly, we just live in a judgmental society."
    ~Kim Namjoon (RM), Leader of BTS

• Ellen J

I really wanted to do this one from a game but it’s very depressive, so I’ll try my best to do positive ones. Lmao.

“To a great mind, nothing is little.” - Sherlock Holmes

“If you’re always trying to be normal, you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” - Maya Angelou

“The greatest deception men suffer is their own opinions.” - Leonardo Da Vinci

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

^What is life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare - Leisure by WILLIAM HENRY DAVIES

^For men may come and men may go, but I go on forever - The song of the brook by ALFRED LORD TENNYSON

^Thank you for showing me what love is all about and thank you for teaching me never to love someone too much - The girl in room 105 by CHETAN BHAGAT

^“I have a problem in life, uncle. I have always found it hard to “just move on”.” - The girl in room 105 by CHETAN BHAGAT

^ I would rather do nothing and be happy than do something that i know i don't love. - WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS

^A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets - TITANIC

^"There comes a day when you're gonna look around and realize happiness is where you are." - MOANA

^Its kind of fun to do the impossible - WALT DISNEY

^Was it all in my fantasy? Where you only imaginary? - Faded by ALAN WALKER

^When you fall get up, oh oh and if you fall get up eh eh - Tsamina mina eh eh by SHAKIRA

^I've got the eye of the tiger, a fighter dancing through the fire cos I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar, louder, louder than the lion - Roar by KATY PERRY

^ I will never say never - Never say never by JUSTIN BEIBER

• best at procrastinating

""And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

replying: thank you!! i feel a little heated for speaking up so much especially since im sort of a newbie here but im glad someone found it right. <3

• Samina

Oh! I need to think. I will tell you in a while.

• V-Rose

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
    "When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books." -John Green

• CactusKid

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Henry Stanley Haskins
    "We measure minds by their stature; it would be better to estimate them by their beauty." - Joseph Joubert

• Karma's_Coming

“This was what was wrong with me. All this time I had been trying to find the secrets of the universe, the secrets of my own body, of my own heart. All of the answers had always been so close and yet I had always forgotten them without even knowing it.”

• Karma's_Coming

“It doesn’t matter how big the body, it’s what you do with it.” —from The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

“What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” —from An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

“Words are how others define us, but we can define ourselves any way we choose.” —from We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson

• the contrarian

Wonderful idea.

"Now let me say finally that we have difficulties ahead but I haven't despaired. Somehow I maintain hope in spite of hope. And I've talked about the difficulties and how hard the problems will be as we tackle them. But I want to close by saying this afternoon, that I still have faith in the future. And I still believe that these problems can be solved. And so I will not join anyone who will say that we still can't develop a coalition of conscience."
    -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., "The Other America"

“I wonder if you could find all the secrets to the universe in someone’s hand.” Benjamin Alire-Saenz

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Great idea! :)
    Here's one of my all-time favorite quotes:
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    -- from "The Little Prince" (by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

• Tushar Mandhan

I'm letting life hit me until it gets tired, the I'm gonna hit back. It's a classic rope-a-dope.
    -La La Land
    I figure life's gift and I don't intend on wasting it.
    -Titanic
    Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out.
    -what a girl wants
    All the problems are stuck between mind and matter. If you mind, it doesn't matter.
    -Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
    Regret is stronger than gratitude.
    -Anne Frank

• HelpMe512

"Don't let your wonder turn into closure when you get older."
    Ben Platt

• WinterBerry

Great Idea!! Here are a few that I chose:

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."
    John F Kennedy.

"At rest, however, the middle of everything is the Sun."
    Nicolaus Copernicus.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
    Carl Sagan.

• Ahsan Nizaam

If you choose to be happy in the face of pain, Strength is what follows
    “Refuse to let your situation determine your attitude.” Charles R. Swindoll
    “You become what you think most of the time. So if you think that nobody loves you, that’s exactly what will happen to you.” Veronica Smith

• Writers of the World

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them." ~David Hume
    "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." ~Albert Einstein
    "We become what we think about." ~Earl Nightingale

• mia_:)

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Gandhi

"it only seems impossible until it is done."
    Nelson Mandela

• elliemccul

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” - Oscar Wilde

“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” - Martin Luther King

I’ll try to think of more later. This is a really cool idea!

• MuslimQueen06

Awesome idea!
    1. "To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil."
    -Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon him.
    2. "If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
    -Martin Luther King jr.
    3. "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make that change."
    -Micheal Jackson
    4. "This is a global challenge, of course we can do what we can to defeat acts of hatred, violence and racism in our own domestic areas. But, as an international community, we should also be united against acts of hatred, violence and terrorism."
    -Jacinda Ardern
    5. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not"
    -Dr. Seuss

• Vinter Vejen

‘ I see Earth! It is so beautiful.’
    ‘ When I orbited the Earth in a spaceship, I saw for the first time how beautiful our planet is. Mankind, let us preserve and increase this beauty, and not destroy it!’
    -Yuriy Gagarin
    I’ll think of more later ´\[•-•]/`

This is such a great idea!

1. "There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

2. "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
    C. S. Lewis

3. "I intend to follow the path of virtue. It will not be overcrowded."
    Lloyd Alexander

4. "Closing my eyes doesn't help. Fire burns brighter in the darkness."
    Suzanne Collins

5. "I hope that real love or truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world."
    Charles Dickens

6. "True friends are always together in spirit."
    L.M. Montgomery

7. "Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart."
    Victor Hugo

8. "Every day is a new day."
    Ernest Hemingway

9. "Above all, don't lie to yourself."
    Fyodor Dostoevsky

10. "It is never too late to be wise."
    Daniel Defoe

11. "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to steer my ship."
    Louisa May Alcott

12. "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!"
    Jane Austen

13. "Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others."
    Robert Louis Stevenson

14. "Happiness depends more upon the internal frame of a person's own mind, than on the externals in the world."
    George Washington

15. "Every man's happiness is his own responsibility."
    Abraham Lincoln

16. "Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."
    God (through Prophet Isaiah)

• batman_is_a_cracker

"Create until nothing is left to create."
    -Joe Hawley (Tally Hall), Spring and a Storm
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called present."
    -Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda
    "At that moment, I knew what I wanted... I wanted Heaven. And I grew up STRIVING for that world--an ETERNAL world--that would wash away my TEMPORARY misery."
    -Craig Thomson
    "Don't let yourself be consumed by the nothingness, fill the void with art and love, and your life will find meaning."
    -anonymous

"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
    ~ Helen Keller

"Bitterness will keep you from pouring out what you have while you wait for what you want."
    ~ Steven Furtick

"She will not only climb mountains--she will move them too."
    ~ Her Time (poem) by Lang Leav

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
    ~ Lyndon B. Johnson

"If I could speak in a room of a thousand people, and I change the life of one person that's all that matters."
    ~ Lizzie Valasquez

"When you run alone, you run fast. But when you run together, you run far."
    ~ Zambian proverb

Sorry for how many that was; I have a quote book full of amazing things. And these are just the ones I happen to have on my phone.

• sci-Fi

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts"
    -Winston Churchill

• Ollie Octopus

Cool!
    I don't know who said this quote, but
    "There is always someone on the other side of the earth that feels the same way"

"Even when life doesn't give you what you want, remember you already have the best present, life itself"
    - Miraculous Ladybug (don't judge)

• poetri

I like this idea!
    "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"- Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
    (I'll post more when I can think of them.)

• mia_:)

Fun idea! Here's one for you that you might have seen in my bio that I live by!
    "Be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
    ~ Maya Angelou

• ★ white mountains ★

this is so cute!! I'll drop a quote soon :)