Paisley Blue

she/her | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

I'd love to hear back what people think about this!

Wild

3

He growled. A few pieces of slimy food dripped from his collar. Nothing more to be eaten.
    The can clattered to the ground. No one was around to notice as he sulked away, bent nearly double. The trash from the can rolled across the ground, the stench of rotting food following the retreating form around the back of the house.
    The neighborhood was silent. A newspaper sat on the step of a house, dated from over a month ago. Nothing on the block moved, other than the garbage still sliding out of the can. 
    Inside of the house, a breeze blew through the broken window. A bowl of spoiled milk sat on the table, filling the room with a sour smell. It drifted up the dusty stairs, and through the partially ajar door. 
    The room had one window, covered with heavy curtains. The only light came through the cracked door. On the other side of the room was a lump of blankets. They vibrated slightly, as though something inside was shivering.
    The girl poked her head out of the blankets. Her hair was matted, her breath foul. Her eyes were wild. A fly flew too close, and she startled, ducking back under the sheets. A low, primal growl could be heard from the blankets. It matched the ones echoing from outside, coming from behind the house. The blankets resumed their vibrating. 
    The house was silent once more.

• May 31, 2020 - 9:31am (Now Viewing)

hey, i've been lurking around your page and i see some super good stuff in there! ik you wrote this quite awhile ago, but the descriptions are amazing and starting off the piece with a strong adjective like "slimy" totally drew me in! it's absolutely haunting.

i'm an editor for a lit mag called gossomerlit! i know how hard it is to get published, but our mag is run by student writers just like you so we hope to make you feel more welcome! we also provide feedback for any of your entries! we're all interested in your writing, and i know some people speak very highly of you.

here's a link if you're interested! https://sites.google.com/view/gossamerlit/home?authuser=0
    we hope to see you there!

• poetri

Hello new friend. thank you for all your support. will we see you soon?

• ElsaRee

Amazing job! Also, welcome to WtW!! <3

• Fabiana250

Reply: of course I know that not all police officers are that way, there are many who figt for the equality and it's really nice to know that.