Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Cramps + mystery disease literally forced me to leave my first in-person church service (don't worry it's legal) today. >:(

labored

16

tension and muscles and strain
pretzeling and fighting against my own body
no sleep for hours; i ache now
feet up next to the clock

r e l i e f ?

capsules of expectation
sticking inside my harsh inhalations
drinking down hope

womanhood is taxing

it is not night anymore
but it is still dark
eyes closed - no
another breath and then

s t i l l n e s s
Cramps suck, amirite?

Dude what the heck ?how do you write so well

• elliem

Wow, I relate to this. I didn't know cramps could be described so beautifully!!

• van gogh's girl

Ooh. I felt this one

Really realistic—I love how you are willing to bring up something so many people deal with—I'm not one of them; luckily my body is very non-hormonal, or else I just psych myself out of feeling bad—but this is really relatable and you have such a way of making feel poetic!

• An A in Ana

Okay, thank you:)

• black_and_red_ink

You did a great job of describing the pain. Keep it up. You're a great poet.

• mia_:)

Replying: Yep! I have no problem with the quoting at my house, since it's just my family, but in public it makes me uncomfortable because I wonder if other people are annoyed and just aren't saying anything :)

• mia_:)

Replying: It doesn't bother ME exactly (I'm used to it) but it was like EVERY LINE and we were with other people so it was more embarrassing than anything. I am a prequoter too and I would quote the main lines, but my dad knew like every single one. Kinda impressive, actually :)

• WinterBerry

This portrays having cramps very realistically and the use of enjambment further enhances it! Great job. :)

• mia_:)

Totally agree with jo! When you can write something so amazing about CRAMPS, I salute you, general! And the formatting! "capsules of expectations" and "womanhood is taxing" are just stunning! <3

Oh god, I relate to this too much. Period cramps are terrible, but let's get through them together.

• Samina

Anne. I am feeling like this right now... Cramps sucks.

• joella

how do people write amazing poetry about CRAMPS? respect.

• Tushar Mandhan

I agree with sunny.v 'womanhood is taxing' is such an incredible line!<3

oh, you’re definitely right. try a hot compress, perhaps? also “womanhood is taxing” oh man, do I love that line. you captured cramps perfectly LOL