mia_:)

13
ultra-feminist
book lover
avid writer
hugger
ambivert
poet
activist
hufflepuff/ravenclaw
amity
animal lover
stargazer
musician
dreamer
believer
explorer
nature appreciator

let's be friends! <3 :)

joined march 5, 2020

Which planet are you most like? I feel like I'm like all of them, to some degree (except maybe Venus) but I'm probably closest to Earth and Saturn. Let me know in the comments!

If Planets Were People

39

i. mercury, the one with the flaming red hair marking her trajectory across the sky. always moving, rotating, orbiting without a care in the world. nothing can get her down, not even helios's scornful glare. yet she still worships him, for fear of being left alone with no one at all.

ii. venus, the one with the magnetic aura, drawing people to her in hope of absorbing some of her confidence. silky black hair flows in waves down her back and her bangs accent her eyes so they're all you see. she's captivating and it's all you can do to tear yourself away, like a fatal siren's song. aphrodite's kiss on her cheek, her crimson stilettos march over your heart as she parades across the cosmos.

iii. earth, the one with the shy, yet burning passion, the need to be heard. baggy t-shirts over leggings, sandy hair pulled into a messy top knot, spouting ideas quietly from behind forest facade. the one who never wants to hurt a soul, who craves the kindness that she sprinkles into constellations in return. independent, strong, yet reliant on others more than she'd care to admit.

iv. mars, the one who has no one to please, yet everything to prove. drumsticks twirling in her right hand, gum smacking between maroon lips, swallowing tears for millions of years. the one with the temper, so tread lightly on her rusty skin, for she could explode at any moment. 

v. jupiter, the drama queen. the one who twists a drop of rain into a hurricane, a paper cut into a festering wound. the popular one, constantly swarmed with admirers, but none of them know the true her. does she even know what lies behind countless roles and millennium of theater practice? quite frankly, she's afraid to find out. so she smiles and waves, and performs at every given chance.

vi. saturn, the one who sits among her string lights and wonders. her oversized sweaters keep her warm against the ever chilling bite of her orbit. the one who plasters polaroid films to her wall, the one who slips hundreds of rings over slim knuckles until her fingers are coated in silver and bronze. the self-sufficient one. loneliness has no grasp on her, but occasionally flits into the corners of her vision.

vii. uranus, the one who's eager to please, to invert herself in any way that best suits others. she's fostered multiple personas, will bend over backwards to help others, and her short hair is shiny with well wishes, thank yous, tributes. but what she doesn't understand is that you can't please everyone. and that truth threatens to break her.

viii. neptune, the one who dabbles in revenge fantasies more than real life. she bides her time, sharpens her dagger, and prepares to pierce the hearts of those who hurt her. the mysterious one with the hidden past. the one who can't live up to everyone's expectations, so she demolishes them all together. the one who was said to be a star. the one who only orbits for the sake of keeping her enemies closer, since she doesn't have friends. the one who writes vows in dripping blue blood. one day her sword will find its way to helios's chest. 

ix. pluto, the one with turtle shell glasses and a boatload of insecurities, constantly wondering why she isn't good enough. she analyzes her imperfections to the point of tears. though surrounded by friends, she's constantly alone, the only one stripped of status. she longs to flee, to start over fresh, but hometown roots tie her down. the one who hides behind her stories. the one who quells her sadness by inserting part of herself into others, most of whom she's never met.
Kind of inspired by this thing I saw on Pinterest that gave me the idea (but I didn't read the actual description, so these ideas are mine alone) and elliemccul's If The Seasons Were People

I hid some astronomy facts in there! Let me know if you see any (or if you found one that I didn't even realize that I put in)

1

• elliemccul

Review coming soon! ;)

• Wicked!

This is so beautifully written, I love it! I think I'm closest to earth and mars, even though they're are so different from each other lol

• best at procrastinating

This is so creative! I love how you gave each planet a distinct personality and appearance. I'm probably most like Saturn.

Replying: Still jelly XD

You saw Anastasia IN NYC?!? OMIGOSH I am soooo jealous!!! Did you go to the stage door? And MEET Derek Klena?!? AND Christy Altomare?!? ACK.
    Also, I highly approve of us being a superhero duo. The Kindness Krusaders - Blueberry Cotton Candy and Mochi Waffle!!

• K-9crazy

Hey mia_:)! Just a reminder, submissions for the Ultimate Writing Challenge are due Friday. Best of wishes!

• Tushar Mandhan

What can I say? I've already told you that you're a writer in disguise.
    Also I think I'm like Jupiter :P

• amazing grace

love your new profile pic!

• Sadiez

This is an amazing piece that captures the planets so perfectly! Giving them such fitting personalities.

• Jasmine khawar

I'm like venus and earth!!
    But this piece is incredible and interesting, wow<3

• Lone Wolf

I'm most like Neptune, I've had my fair share of fantasizing revenge on those who wronged me. I can't live up to anyone's expectations, so I make up my own. I mean, I do have friends - but more enemies than friends. I do keep my enemies close. This piece is so creative!!

• poetri

Also I adore this...I'm some sort of hybrid of uranus and earth.

• poetri

Reply: I went to this website called pinetools which lets you overlay images, I just put a pride flag over my normal pic, and played around with the transparency and resizing! It was super easy! Thanks for asking, and I'm glad you like it :)

Thanks buddy :)

• Madeline Harper

This is so interesting to read, I love how they're all depicted as women (normally I think of Mars, Jupiter and Neptune as men because of Roman gods and stuff). As I was reading it I found myself thinking about elliemccul's 'If The Seasons Were People', it's funny that it actually was one of the inspirations! Venus was my fave, I loved that visual of her stomping over a heart with her stilettos.

• Ellen J

Woah! This is so fantastic and you’ve obviously thought in-depth about all the planets in our solar system if they were people. I like how each of their personalities are different and they have distinguishing appearances. They would look really good if they were drawn or animated! Pluto’s one made me the most sad, feeling alone and shunned out. I found Uranus’ one to make me laugh a bit, especially when you said she bends over to help people lmao. This is just so good and you know really realistic to the sort of girls we see in real life, very relatable!

• black_and_red_ink

This is so cool. I think I liked neptune the best :).

• van gogh's girl

A moodboard of a poem!

• lianhabanana!

OH MY GOSH! This is AMAZING. I love it so much! :)

THIS IS AMAZING! Your descriptions and personas capture each planet beautifully!

• elliemccul

MIA! This is so good! Very creative and I love all of these. I think my favourites are Pluto and Neptune, and I really liked how you mentioned the rings of Saturn. This was so imaginative. Love love love <3

• Ollie Octopus

this piece is amazing! I am probably like earth or maybe Neptune?

Shoot I forgot to like this earlier *facepalms*

• Vinter Vejen

Replying- Thank you Mia! You're so sweet! I hope the character fit the profile XD

• ★ white mountains ★

this is so cool!! lowkey inspired to write one of my own now...your characterization is everything :)

• ava09

I LOVE this so much...I'm a mix between Mars and Uranus, maybe a little Venus and a dash of Pluto. :) You're writing is incredible and this piece is honestly SO cool, as sci-Fi said. <3

• sci-Fi

This is SO cool!

• ElsaRee

Wow!! Amazing!

• Halopoet

Hahaha i was always neptune. From school plays to this amazing personality description post

As a theatre kid, I'm probs supposed to say I'm like Jupiter, but I'm so much like Earth it's hilarious.

• WinterBerry

I honestly don't know how, but these descriptions fit the planets amazingly well! Great Job!
    I would say I'm most like Mars, and a little bit like Pluto.

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

I love this so much, it's beautiful!! I love how you personified the planets -- it left me awestruck!!!! And, to answer the question in your "Message to Readers" box, I'd say I'm probably most like Saturn. :)

• Vinter Vejen

This-I- How- I am speechless. If at thirteen and you write like this, then hun, you’re gonna go places!