Doodleninja

pfp is thinker & prose from my series "stereo tropes co."!

christian
infj/infp
mexipina
full-time doodler
homeschool squad

physically i am here, mentally i'm in a galaxy far far away :)

soli Deo gloria!

"you write so beautifully. your mind must be a terrible place."
always on the lookout for tragic backstories and broken characters. :D

check out my series "Stereo Tropes Co."!
where story tropes run amuck in an office setting!

The Answers to Your Questions | continued from the Q&A session in celebration for 56 (now 72!) followers

2

Heyo fellow writers!
As promised, here are the answers to the questions you asked me last week in my post, commemorating 56 followers.
And now a week later, I've added 16 more to that number! You guys are incredible supporters and creators, you have my undying gratitude :D

Without further ado:

Ollie Octopus 
Favorite food? 
Easy. SUSHI!!! Any of my friends could tell you that I love sushi, and could probably eat it everyday for the rest of my life.

What things do you like to draw/doodle? (cause on your bio it says you doodle) 
I draw my OCs...A LOT. I know I should probably expand my horizons, and I do try to branch out into other things to draw, but I always come back to my beloved characters. I love drawing them, designing their outfits, and just seeing them come to life.
I have sketchbooks upon sketchbooks filled with doodles of them; I call them "doodles" because I'm no professional artist, and I have a pretty cartoony style.
I am also a comic artist and have self-published two short-ish comics for Amazon Kindle.
(I can't resist the opportunity to self-plug, so um, check em out if you want here :D
A Pop of Fuchsia, The Snowball Effect)

Favorite song at the moment?
I'm glad you said "at the moment" because it changes every week it seems like. 
Let's see. Either "House of Gold" by Twenty-One Pilots or "Trade Mistakes" by Panic! at the Disco.
But I've been singing "Dead Mom" from the musical Beetlejuice lately too XD

Samina
Embarrassing memory. 
This is my go-to embarrassing memory (I still cringe whenever I think about it):
So my friends and I are sitting at the table, eating dinner. One of them is talking and I'm trying to listen over background noise. She says something.
Apparently (although I didn't know it at the time), a guy cracks a joke at what she said.
And only a few seconds after he says it, I make the same joke because I didn't hear the other person say it first.
The SAME. JOKE.
And they all turn to me like "he just said that".
And internally I died from shame. 
I'm sure NONE of my friends remember that, but it still haunts me to this day XD

What is your guilty pleasure? 
Hm, either liking One Direction songs (idk why, I feel guilty for liking their songs) or really cringe-y, kinda trashy fanfics for my favorite ships. 
They're so poorly written. But they're about my favorite ship so I eat it up.

Any weird food combination that is good enough to try
Nutella and potato chip sandwich. If you haven't tried it already, I'd give it a shot if you like Nutella and potato chips.

What has been your best moment this year (so far)? 
Ooh, there was that one time this year I was whacking at a piñata and I swung so hard I broke the wooden stick. That was cool. 
I kept the shattered pieces as a trophy. 

One thing you could change about the world. 
ONE thing? Oh man, gotta limit myself.
Since college is coming up for me soon, I've been thinking about education a lot lately. And I wish that from an earlier age you could get a more specialized education in a particular field of study. Like, knowing basic math and algebra is definitely useful, but if you know you're going to go into the arts, must you take trigonometry?
Also, why don't they let us use notes on tests or exams? That's not an accurate representation of real world problems; if you encounter one of those questions in real life, you're going to use all the notes you have EVEN IF you know the answer by heart, just to fact-check.
That turned into a little rant, whoops XD

What’s your biggest fear? 
Mm. I'm gonna say one of my biggest fears is not living up to my potential, or at least, the potential everyone else thinks I have. 
I know I could do great things.
But will I be able to, is the question. 

If you were the President for a day what would you do? 
Well since I'm on an education rant, I guess I'll say I'd reform education and the public school system 'cause the children of America need help and we gotta raise 'em right. 

If you got one superpower what would it be? 
I would definitely want a power that had to do with time. Like pausing time, so that I could collect my thoughts and strategize what the next best course of action is. Or rewinding time, maybe even just a few minutes, so that I could redo a mistake or erase something I said. 

Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
Um...I hope to be alive. That's a start. :D
In the general future, I hope I finish college, get a degree, and get a job! Also, I hope to be publishing my writing or my art or my music somewhere and sometime in the future. Don't know if that'll ever happen but one can dream, right? 

AutumnRain
When did you realize that you loved writing? 
I think I realized that I loved writing more recently, like maybe a few years back. Because I've always been writing stories since I was six but I grew to love it as I got more invested in my stories, in my characters, in these worlds I've created.

You get to travel wherever you want for one day, where would you go? 
Ooh man, that's tough. Either Japan or the Philippines.

Favourite TV show/film?
I have a similar question later, so we're going to put this one off for now :)

acrosstheuniverse28
If you were stranded on a deserted island for 6 months, what 3 items would you want to have with you? (Assuming all your food/basic necessity stuff is already taken care of)
A piano (I must have an instrument with me XD)
Chocolate 
And...paper and pencil (ok technically two items, but it'll keep me sane)

anoushka1705
Favourite band? 
At the moment, probably Twenty-One Pilots. But of all time, definitely the Beatles.

Favourite show? 
I love anime (hello fellow weebs out there), so currently my favorite is one called Noragami.
But I've started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I'm already in love with the characters, the animation, the world-building, so that'll probably be one of my favorites too.

Favourite movie? 
Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (the animation is GORGEOUS and AMAZING)

Favourite trope in literature? 
One of my favorite tropes is the broken character; usually a guy, who has a tragic backstory and is just struggling through life. Also usually morally grey. I love morally grey characters. Also, antiheroes, fall arcs, and redemption arcs.

Least favorite trope? 
Hm, I don't actively dislike tropes, I just get tired of them.
But I guess I don't like the Deus Ex Machina trope, that just seems like lazy writing to me.

Best song you've heard? 
pretty much answered this one already :)

Piece you're most proud of? 
On WtW? 
Probably this one: No One Cares for the Wicked
I'm really proud of my subversion of tropes and just at the fact that I wrote this on a whim without any serious planning.

Thing you miss most since quarantine begun?
I miss my church. And my friends. And that sense of normalcy, because I know the world is going to operate a LOT differently after this all blows over, and it's both fascinating and scary to think about.

Those are all the questions for now! Thanks so much again for following me through this short span of my writing journey!

(If you read this far and want a review, I got some time, so leave a link to the piece in the comments and I'll get around to reviewing it!)

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming of angst and other slightly depressing writings from yours truly, the Doodleninja. 

• June 1, 2020 - 11:38am (Now Viewing)

Replying: Ooh, thank you for clearing that up.

I love your favorite moment this year was hitting a piñata lmao. Also, that Deus Ex Machina trope sounds fascinating, what's it about exactly?