Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Reading | Cub Creek (A Cub Creek Series Book 1)

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: happy butterfly)

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Q & A for 150 Lemmings ANSWERS

15
Thanks for all the questions!! I'm gonna give weird titles for everyone who asked. You have been warned.

From Samina the peach tree

Embarrassing memory.
I was once describing my ancestry (half Irish half Israeli) and said "At least I'm not a basic white girl." (to be clear, I kinda am). I mean it in a funny way, but it came it sooo awkwardly... I still shudder at the memory. 
What is your guilty pleasure?
K this is so weird, but I get so much satisfaction from picking loose hairs off of people's clothes. Gosh, that's embarrassing but whatever.
Any weird food combination that is good enough to try.
I don't think I have any super weird ones, but cheese goes so well with everything, especially fruit (cheese + grapes = amazing).
What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
I'll try to keep this concise... As several of you know, I battle a weird "mystery disease". It started last year, but in early January, I was prayed for, and I was immediately healed. I was free of it for several blissful weeks that I am so grateful for.
One thing you could change about the world.
Well, this side of heaven will always be imperfect, but I wish people would be less ignorant and insensitive just because they don't understand things.
What’s your biggest fear?
A bug crawling in my ear... Just no.
If you were the President for a day what would you do?
One day as president wouldn't be enough time for me to do anything XD.
If you got one superpower what would it be?
Shapeshifting!!
Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?​
I thought I knew, but now I've got no clue.

From sunny.v the gold

how tall are you?
5'4"
favorite wtw pieces?
The ones I have bookmarked are listed here, but there are sooo many that I've forgotten to...
and not even words are enough to fill your vast existence
I’m Not Really Conscious At 10PM
downfall of a gifted kid (and)
From My Window
On Loneliness
favorite types of pieces to read/things you like to see in pieces?
I'm emotional as heck, so I like seeing that I guess XD
do you have a favored writing style?
MOODY POEMS
name one popular mainstream song that you particularly like.
Fireflies by Owl City is the first popular one that came to mind.
when/how did you discover your tennessee love?
I've wanted to live in the south for a while now, but I didn't know where. I started getting addicted to country music this week, and I looked into a couple of southern states. Tennessee captured my heart.
lastly, why’re you so awesome? <3 Aw, thank you. The reason I seem awesome to some people is that I always try to be kind, so that's a moral of the story thing lol.

From chrysanthemums&ink the warrior

1. are you apart of any niche communities?
I don't think so unless you could count people obsessed with Tennessee as a community.
2. what is the one thing you'd do if there were no consequences afterwards?
I'll pass on this one. It's not something "bad" or wrong, just personal.
3. greatest regret?
I'd have to tell my whole life story to explain my greatest regret.
4. something you can't stand other people saying?
Things like "calm down" or "just figure it out". Tell me HOW; don't just pretend you're helping by just telling me to do what I already know I have to do.
5. something you can't stand about yourself?
When I get hurt, I feel so strongly that I can lash out defensively at others or myself.
6. favorite writing trope?
Protective guy best friend/boyfriend characters are so sweet.
7. what's your writing process? do you listen to music while you're writing? does it affect it?
I word vomit and then polish it up a little bit. That's literally it. If I need to write about something specific with no distractions, the music is shut off, but if I just want to write something, the music can inspire me.

From mia_:) the mochi waffle

1. What do you love most about yourself?
I keep getting better at understanding others and being a support for them (so my empathy and compassion).
2. What is the weirdest way that you've ever injured yourself?
I like don't get injured much, but I was reading on the couch once with my hand on my leg. My hand slipped and I gouged out a piece of my leg with my thumbnail. It barely hurt, but it bled like crazy.
3. What is your spirit snack food?
Sorry, I have no clue how to answer this.
4. How are you so awesome? (I know sunny already asked it, but I also am curious <3)
Ack thank you. See above answer.
5. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
Flying! Most people hate being on planes because of the hassle, but it's worth it to me. Being up high is super calming to me, as is the steady sound of the engine.
6. Favorite herb/spice?
Cinnamon and nutmeg are tied. My mom is an Arab, so she puts these in EVERYTHING. No joke. They make meat so rich and flavorful.
7. What is your phone wallpaper?
My personal crest (see profile picture).
8. You have the power to make ONE mythological species real. Which one?
You just murdered me. I adore horses, so I reeeallly wanna say alicorns, but dragons are freaking EPIC. I defy your rules because I can't choose.
9. If you could rename one fruit, what would you name it and why? (for example, instead of apple, what is the new name?)
Grapefruits are gross and don't taste like grapes, so their new name is malforfle.
10. If your five-year-old self ended up in your body now, what would be the first thing they would do?
Run and get literally anything off of the top of the fridge. And then get mad because it's still hard and my twin is now taller than me.
11. A cliche that makes you cringe?
Idk if this is a cliche, but it happens a lot. Protagonists and/or love interests in books are often super manipulative. They always have good reasons, and otherwise, they're great characters, but it bugs me to no end because manipulation is painted as something good.

From kealoha the sunset

1. Favorite type of tree
I never thought about this, so I had to Google some trees. Probably an Angel Oak or Japanese Cherry, depending on my mood. The oak for adventurous moods and the cherry for peaceful ones.
2. If you could meet one famous writer, who would it be?
I think it would be Jenny B. Jones. She's very talented (check out her stunning novel, There You'll Find Me, as well as her other work), and she seems like a super fun person to talk to. I'd also like to have some earnest discussions with her that I'd love to hear her thoughts on.
3. Favorite music genre
I love easy pop (similar to Ed Sheeran or James Arthur), but I'm currently obsessed with country music. Once the obsession dies down, I suspect I'll love both genres equally.

From A Certain Type of Decisive the OG supporter

Please explain in depth your alien theories. Are they real? Do you have personal experience? If you don't believe, why do think people believe in them? Favorite piece of evidence? Did you have an alien phase? Where does religion meet aliens, if at all? (You don't have to answer these indivdually, just as a group)

First of all, last time it was ghosts, and now aliens? Interesting lol.
I don't often think about this. I don't believe aliens exist. I could give a bunch of scientific reasons like the Goldilocks zone, but the real reason is a gut feeling I can't explain. I'm not saying it isn't plausible, and I understand that people like to think we're not alone, but I don't think it's likely at all.

From MuslimQueen06 the one who isn't silent

1. Favorite country?

Call me uncultured, but I don't really have one.
2. Favorite animal?
Horses are awesome. :)
3. If you were an animal, which would you be and why?
It's honestly pretty hard to explain why I'd be a raven, I think you either get it from knowing me or you don't. I describe how they symbolize me in my piece Ravendream.
4. Favorite movie?
Nope not choosing.
5. Favorite TV series?
It changes all the time, but World of Dance just started back up, so I guess I'll go with that.
6. Would you rather be stranded in the desert or jungle?
Well, I'd die in both places (I have 0 survival skills), and I guess I'd prefer the desert since it's got slightly less horrifying bugs. Yep, that's the kind of person I am. Bugs were a deciding factor in what state I want to live in for goodness sake.

From anoushka1705 the oil painting

Favourite band?
I don't really listen to bands, just artists (and I don't have a favorite one of those).
Favourite show?
Earlier, I answered WoD, so now I'll say Manifest.
Favourite movie?
Nope.
Favourite trope in literature?
*See above*
Least favorite trope?
*See above*
Best song you've heard?
Stahhp making me choose impossible things!
Piece you're most proud of?
wHaT did I just say? XD. These are my children!
Thing you miss most since quarantine begun?
Hugs from my super splendiferous friends.
Favourite WtW user?
I am super biased because I've been friends with The Campbell's Kid irl for a few years (feels like 10 tbh). But I adore so many of you lovely people.

From acrosstheuniverse28 the bluebird

What's a random factoid that you know?

Tanning beds are way worse for you than normal tanning (which still isn't great) because they only use UVB rays, which are the ones that give you skin damage. I get all my random facts from my random brother, and this was his most recent one that I remember (ngl, I block it out a lot XD).

From Emi the sequoia

1. If you could be cast in a movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and who would you be?

Anastasia (but I'd prefer playing her on Broadway). I feel like I could realistically play her, but I could probably pull off Rapunzel in Tangled (my favorite Disney movie) or Anna or Elsa from Frozen as well if I had a better voice.
2. If you could meet any historical figure (alive or dead) who would you choose and why?
I honestly have no idea.
3. If you could choose any place to go to vacation to every year, which place would it be and why?
Living where I do, Tennessee. But living in Tennessee, right here where I am.
4. If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
Ack, I never know how to answer this question. I don't see how ice cream could represent my personality without using cliches like "I'm nutty" or "I'm sweet".
5. If you could pick up a certain skill instantly, what would it be and why?
Just being better at singing. I can sing, but my voice isn't remarkable enough to get me anywhere.
6. If you had a talk show, what would your first three guests be?
Not sure what this means? Like, people I'd want to meet/interview? Then maybe Jake Scott, Antonio Cipriano, and Jenny B. Jones.
7. What's your favorite subject in school?
Drama class!! Although this year I was in a class called Understanding Yourself and Others, and it was WAY more interesting than I expected.
8. Who is your personal hero?
Does Jesus count? I'm saying Jesus. :)
9. What are you currently reading?
The Lunar Chronicles :D
10. What is your favorite movie?
Gosh, people really like to ask this impossible question.
11. What is your favorite superpower?
*see above*
12. What's your favorite season?
Spring is so beautiful!! And where I live, it has the nicest weather ever.
13. What would the title of your autobiography be?
Oxi-morons and Empathy: How I found direction even when the beaten path disappeared
14. If you were a color, what would you be and why?
A super deep blue. Solid and traditional, but extremely intense and somewhat mysterious/hard to fathom.
15. What's your proudest accomplishment?
I don't really have one giant achievement that is all-important to me. I've won a talent competition, gotten my first lead role, acquired my first job, and probably some things I'm forgetting. But (in my opinion) the best achievements are the seemingly little ones, like complimenting a stranger, finishing homework early, and setting out encouraging notes around the house.
16. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I have an obscene amount of random knick-knacks, cards, and dumb stuff that I never can get rid of.

Okay, that's all! Hopefully no one runs for the hills after witnessing my oddities. I love you all.

~ Anne
I hope you enjoyed this and my absurd descriptions for everyone. If I had your number, that's what your contact name would be (I actually do that irl).

• Tushar Mandhan

replying- like Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet, you know it's boring to wear tuxedos everytime at a formal occasion. Look at Timothee Chalamet's 2020 oscars dress!

may 2020 wtw highlights are live, and you're in them!
    https://bit.ly/2Y5VAMe

Okay I relate with so much that you said.#triplets lol.So it would take forever to type and I'm lazy but you are just so cool

Replying: Wait w h a t? You're not allowed to read it? And if Tuck Everlasting's better than Hamilton, I've been missing out. *listens to entire soundtrack*

• sun_is_still_shining

Congrats on 150! You totally deserve it:)

Replying: I've heard of Tuck Everlasting, though Hamilton definitely overshadowed it. Have you heard of A Very Potter Musical, though?

• joella

reply: 1) replied to your comment on my piece so others could see :)
    2) maybe you'll hold another q&a for 250! you never know...

• joella

how did i miss this q&a?? at least i got to read your answers! so fun getting to know you better :)

• ava09

Replying: Yayy I'm glad you love it so far! Its 100% worth the ride. :) <3

• ava09

The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite book series of all time...I hope you're enjoying it! :) Also I collect weird things too lol I have so much crud from previous school years and holiday cards and I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

• A Certain Type of Decisive

"The OG Supporter" lol that's one for my resume!

• Samina

Replying: XD... :p

• Samina

It was really very very fun reading the answers. Btw what does peachtree signifies?? XD

Replying: Nice, i'm the exact opposite, though. Since, the chances of me actually seeing a musical on Broadway or the West End are pretty slim, musical soundtracks are pretty much my saviour lol. I've basically listened to Mean Girls, Dear Evan Hansen and Six in their entirety. I now find that i have way too much time.

One of my friends legit just told me about the Lunar Chronicles! I haven't read them yet but they are on my list (which keeps growing and growing yet I keep rereading other books lol)

the warrior? aw you're too kind. it was really cool to get to know you better!~ you seem like a really nice person (and honestly, you're a mood...)

Replying: Yessss, have you seen his Wait For Me cover that he sang with Renee Rapp?(side note: opinion on the mean girls musical?)

• mia_:)

Replying: Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the stage door (that was before I got more into theater so it didn't really even cross my mind) because we were with my grandparents and they wanted to get out before we hit traffic :( it was amazing, though! I had never seen the musical, but am literally in love with the movie! <3

• mia_:)

YESS! MOCHI WAFFLE!! Thank you so much for that! Also, ANASTASIA IS THE BEST! I was lucky enough to see it on Broadway when I was in New York and it was fabulous! Also, WoD? Fabulous. We would definitely be friends IRL. I suspected it before, but my suspicions have been confirmed!!! :D (we could be like a superhero duo. "The Blueberry Cotton Candy and the Mochi Waffle Save Everyone!) Haha, I'm weird :P

I like that I am an oil painting :) And I completely agree with the manipulative thing! Ah, it's so annoying! And Antonio Cipriano is just *heart eyes*.

awww sunny the gold...you’re 5’4?? *everyone groans at how often I ask that in q&a’s* everyone’s...taller than me...also fireflies is an EXQUISITE choice, you have taste my dear. also i am totally with you on the cliche question about protagonists being manipulative. like, ugh, why does our main character have to be like THAT? is it not enough for them simply to be...idk...not mean and actually relatable? also it’s cool to see that some people here have irl friends!

• Tushar Mandhan

I missed the opportunity to ask questions :P but I loved reading the answers XD Yes country music is just beautiful. For some reason, my mum is obsessed with putting cinnamon in coffee and I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure but I love picking long strands of hair from my friends's shirt and pulling his legs because he has very short hair, it's a mystery to me that whose hair are they (yeah gross!) XD

I also love the protective boyfriend trope (maybe my secret desire for a boyfriend like that or something?). I hope you enjoy the Lunar Chronicles. Winter is my favorite, but you'll love all of them, I bet!