Anha

ms. eldritch horror

"people often reveal their true colours when they are held accountable for their actions; there are those who want to make amends and improve their behaviour and those who don't."
- amalia costa (wtw alum)

no longer active. those with words to say can reach me on prose.

pfp by sara kipin

just reminding y'all posting weird political propaganda: i'm sapphic, i'm pro-choice and anti-gun. so basically everything you conservatives hate :)))

psa - this is meant to be a safe space (in reference to george floyd)

39
i couldn't help but notice the amount of poetry and pieces dedicated to current affairs in america right now. while i think that everyone is entitled to outrage and wants to talk about it, PLEASE PUT A TRIGGER WARNING IN YOUR TITLES. and if possible, put some filler at the top of your pieces telling people who see the preview on the dashboard what potentially distressing images your pieces may contain. believe it or not, people's mental health is affected by what you write.

for a lot of us, this website is a means of getting away from the real world, to escape for just a little bit while fires rage and guns are fired. please do your best to keep this community as safe as possible, both mentally and emotionally.

not trying to fuel any fires,
anha
i am not calling out any writers in particular, but it is important to me that people aren't turned away from visiting this site during these stressful times because some people don't understand the extent at which these events are affecting others.

for more detail on the subject, read this piece by the contrarian:

• babybluelamentations

tysm, anha. i don’t think people properly understand this, especially people sharing graphic videos, images and stories on social media platforms. trigger warnings for pieces are absolutely necessary. thank you, queen <3

• joella

thank you for saying this! definitely gets overlooked.

the contrarian puts this issue much more eloquently; look at their piece for ways you can help in these troubling times:

• crow_e

thank you for posting this - as someone who needs trigger warnings sometimes, I cannot stress how important they are and how much the lack of one can affect someone’s mental well-being

• addy_24

Very important. Thanks for bringing this topic up.

• Chloe :) <3

replying: If I do write I will 100% put a trigger warning and leave a space at the top. I think it is super important and I'm happy you wrote this piece to reming everyone.

• Halopoet

Thanks for this. It had to be known

• Chloe :) <3

Super important!

• mia_:)

Thanks for this! Totally agree! People have a right to say what they want to say, but a trigger warning would totally be helpful! :D

Thank you so much for your bravery in saying something so important <3

• elliem

100% agree with you. Thank you for putting this out there. :)

thank you for saying this.

• Writers of the World

Completely agreed.

• poetri

yes. YES. this is so important and you phrased it beautifully.