Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I was in such a mood writing this, so it's really rough it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

jagged downfall

13

my imperfections are sending daggers at me
from the other side of the couch
all i've ever wanted is
to be everything you w a n t e d

"never enough, never enough"

and at this point
it's not even you that's doing the hurting
it's me
it's always been me

there will always be something
(everything)
wrong with what i do

guilt trips and words that
won't come back
they fly like falling stars

(what is it about the death
of the heavens
that is so poetic)

there isn't a clever turn of phrase
that can fix
what was never w h o l e

This is so emotional and ughhhhh

This is very raw and emotional; I love the line "they fly like falling stars." You are so right, though, writing about dying heavens is poetic.

• mia_:)

Replying: That sounds super fun! Yeah, it wasn't windy, which was a relief, but I had to sit next to my dad because of social distancing and he literally knows the entire script by heart and was quoting it in my ear. >:( like my angry emoticon? :D

• mia_:)

This is also very random, but I watched the Princess Bride last night in my friend's backyard. No clue why I'm telling you this :D but you said you like that movie so ya <3 :) I am a random person, in case you can't tell! <3

• mia_:)

Replying: Yeah, she's kinda based on me. I just threw together randomness, but I agree! :)

• A Rose

That first line is. *chefs kiss*

• mia_:)

YESS THE TITLE! :)

• a_myriad_of_stars_07

I feel this so much...so raw and real. Seriously though, I think this is my new favorite of your pieces:)
    Reply: Thanks, That would be pretty cool:)

• Lovelywriter1906

The raw emotion and passion in this makes it unbelievably amazing. I can understand how you feel, whether it be from personal experience or just reading your words. I understand the pain that feeling that you aren’t enough can cause. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need a friend or even just a kind distraction. (I can give you ways to contact me)

replying: mounds bars????? without the almonds??? those exist???? (question marks emphasize emotion hehe). i can't believe i've gone my entire life without mounds bars. (the almond is a necessary evil)
    <333

• mia_:)

First of all, HOW IS THIS SO FREAKING GOOD?! As for titles, maybe "imperfect" or "jagged" or "raw" (did I just go to a thesaurus and look up synonyms for rough? I guess we'll never know!) Also, about the instrument thing, singing definitely counts and you are a FABULOUS singer! I actually got your parody stuck in my head for like a week! :D

"(what is it about the death / of the heavens / that is so poetic)" this is line is just... it really stuck. my favorite lines. the entire tone of this piece just blew me away; it's accusatory yet resigned... brilliant.
    i hope the next decision you make brings you happiness <3

maybe title can be “death of the heavens”? and i think this was a nice sort of cathartic rough!