elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie

I joined on March 30th, 2020 :)

I'm happy to do reviews if anyone needs/wants one! I take time with and put thought into my reviews so keep in mind that they may take a while :)

Q&A for 50+ Followers: Results

12
      Hey guys! Here are the answers to my Q&A for fifty followers. I didn't answer some of the questions because they involve my mental health, and I don't want to trigger anyone else. If this is the case (that I didn't answer one of your questions), please don't feel offended and know that it was because of this. Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and everyone who asked questions! 
  • ★ white mountains ★

if your life was a book, what would the title be?
  • This is really tough to answer. I like to treat each day sort of like an adventure if that makes sense? I know that's weird, but if I get nothing done in a day, I feel like I've failed a quest. (This is making me sound really nerdy lol). I've also heard non-Canadian people describe Canada like a distant, mystical land. (No, we aren't all kindhearted woodland ice creatures that live off of pure maple syrup and ride on the backs of polar bears to school, but I do take that as a compliment.) I guess something like "The Adventures of a Canadian Imagination"? (I know that's bad, but it's the best I could think of.)
  • what inspires you to write?
  • The stories. All-day. There's just something about the feeling of escaping to my own universe that is so relaxing yet invigorating to me.
    something you wish people knew about you
  • I'm here to help. If anyone is having a bad day or going through something rough, I'm always here to talk. Whether you need someone to rant to or just someone to distract you with random, corny jokes, I'm your girl. :) This is coming from someone who spent a long time trying to hide her sadness until I just realized that all it took to help me start to feel better was someone I can trust and talk to. I'm a long way from overcoming my anxiety, but talking to someone was a good start.
    if you could tell your past self one thing, what would you say?
  • After every dark night comes a brilliant sunrise.
    three words your friends would use to describe you
  • Creative, smart (?) (although sometimes I am stubborn and make not-very-smart choices), and kind.
    three words for your physical appearance
  • Tall, pale, and brunette.
    what’s the last song you listened to?
  • *checks my music* uhhhhhh...I'm not sure, but I think it was "Drama Club" by Melanie Martinez? It's a song that's on my writing inspo playlist. Although, as I write that (listening to the same playlist), I'm listening to "Cosmic Love" by Florence + The Machine.
    what’s one piece you’re especially proud of?
  • *drops mouth wide open* people are actually proud of their pieces around here? No, I'm joking. Probably one of my chapters from "Dawn of Fog And Glass", (shameless plug of my book), "To be Your Weakness", or "If The Seasons Were People".
  That's hard. When I was younger, my favourite was Maroon Five, so I'll say that for now.
        Favourite show?
    Also difficult. I have a weird TV show taste because my favourite shows are always either super popular or ones that none of my friends have heard of. Among my favourites are "Stranger Things", "Daybreak", "Glee", "Galavant", "F.R.I.E.N.D.S.", and "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency".
        Favourite movie?
    *iNdEcIsIveNeSs* Probably something made by Marvel, like "Spiderman: Homecoming" or one of the two latest Avenger movies.
         Favourite trope in literature?
    Moody boys. Moody boys. Moody boys. I feel like it's a relatively new and rare trope, but I love seeing it. Not enough male characters are painted as multidimensional people hiding deep feelings, but I usually connect to those characters the most. (If you've read "Dawn of Fog And Glass", my character Orion is quite like this.) 
         Least favourite trope?
    The stereotypical popular annoying white girl ohhh myyyy gosshhh noooo . Yes, they exist. I've had my fair share of being both close with them and distant. They're not all horrible and dumb. Some of them are really intelligent and sweet, but just get mixed in with the wrong crowd. I'm friends with a few of the nice populars, but it's always disappointing when they change and become the mean girls. :( (Which they do, more often than not.) They also don't wear all pink and pine after the popular boys. At my school, at least, the stoners and the populars are the same things, so I try to avoid those, especially the awful ones. (There was literally a girl in my grade who laughed with her friends about how at a party a boy vomited blood.) Anyway, the stereotypical, one-dimensional mean girl trope in books makes me cringe so hard that I laugh. None of them realistically only wear pink and pick on the "nerds" (another trope I'm not a fan of.) Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but I do not like that trope.
        Best song you've heard?
    "Hallelujah". It's so breathtakingly beautiful.
         Piece you're most proud of?
    See above. ;)
        Thing you miss most since quarantine began?

Definitely my friends. They're as weird and crazy as I am, so I miss them tons.
  • Samina

Embarrassing memory.
  • Nope nope nope. Trust me, you don't want to know.
    What is your guilty pleasure?
  • Dancing alone in the rain, pretending that I'm on Broadway, or reading the dialogue in books aloud (when I'm alone lol) to practice my acting.
    Any weird food combination that is good enough to try.
  • Pizza and honey. Bananas or apples with peanut butter are also good.
    What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
  • Too many to choose.
    One thing you could change about the world.
  • I would make people wake up to climate change and work to make the environment better.
    If you were the President for a day what would you do?
  • We have a Prime Minister instead of a President in Canada, but I'll answer the question about the US president. I would promote equality on all sides, then immediately hand over my presidency to Greta Thunberg.
    If you got one superpower what would it be?
  • I would say Transfiguration, but realistically I would have to memorize the exact structure of each of my molecules and of the person I was transfigurating into. Assuming it was as easy as the movies make it look, I would choose that. Otherwise, it would be flying, I think.
  • Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
  • Honestly, happy, healthy, and loved, both by others and by myself.

• MuslimQueen06

1. Favourite weather?
  • I like a lot of weather. I'm a pluviophile, so maybe rain? Otherwise, probably fresh snow, lightning storms, or sunny with a light breeze.
    2. Favourite book?
  • "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard or "Queen of Nothing" by Holly Black. Although the "Harry Potter" books are classic favourites.
  • 3. Spicy or sweet?
  • Sweet.
    4. Favourite Marvel character?
  • Spidermannnnn. <3
  • 5. Are you a fan of riddles, word searches, stuff like that?
  • Yes ma'am. Especially labyrinth-type riddles like you'd see in a riddle-y movie.
    6. If you could have a brother or sister, which would you choose?
  • I have three sisters and a brother, so I guess both?
    7. Favourite boy and girl name?
  • Boy: Draco (if it's for a character. Otherwise, probably Jaime or Harlow??) Girl: Melody, Alex, or Ariana, but I like a lot of unisex names for girls.
    8. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
  • See above. ;)

• cherryn

1. If you had the chance to travel anywhere in the world at this exact moment, where would you go to?
  • Venice. I don't know why, I just had the sudden thought.
    2. What was your favourite tv show/movie when you were little?
  • I was a massive fan of "Wizards of Waverly Place" when I was little.
    3. Have you ever eaten butter chicken? If you have, do you like it?
  • Never tried it. I've been a vegetarian all my life.
    4. What's your favourite fictional place (school, town, city, etc)?
  • Hogwarts, Camp Half Blood, (because those two are classics), or the Kingdom of Norta.
    5. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? If so, who is it?
  • Probably Emma Watson or Noah Schnapp.

• mia_:)
    1. What's one word that pretty much sums you up?
  • Probably curious.
    2. Physical appearance?
  • Tall and on the thinner side of average. I'm pale with curly, waist-length brown hair. I get freckles when it's warm out and I have a dimple but only on one side. (Go figure.) I have dark brown-black eyes with long eyelashes. On my lip is a tiny white scar that is invisible unless I smile.
    3. Do you speak any other languages?
  • Oui ! Merci pour me poser la question. Le français, je ne parle pas couramment, mais je le parle beaucoup. En fait, je relis actuellement la série Harry Potter, mais en français.
  • Translation: Yes! Thanks for asking. I can't speak French fluently, but I speak a lot of it. I'm currently rereading the "Harry Potter" books but in French.
  • (I don't know how I would type this out in ASL but) I'm also learning American Sign Language (ASL) because it's important and fun to learn. I can hold conversations and do basic interpretation for my friends if needed, but I'm nowhere near fluent yet. I also prefer pigeon sign to sign grammar.
  •  Lastly, I took Mandarin from when I was in kindergarten to grade seven, but I remember nearly nothing of it, unfortunately. (Also, I've always been terrible with remembering and drawing Mandarin characters.) I still know how to say things like introductions, likes and dislikes, etc., but the rest I've forgotten.
    4. How do you like your eggs?
  • Thank you for this intellectual question, Mia. *chef kiss* Scrambled with a dash of milk (I use cashew milk), a large dash of butter, and maybe spinach or cream cheese.
    5. What are your other hobbies?
  • Acting, singing, dancing (especially tap dancing), musical theatre, running, reading, drawing.
    6. The funniest thing that has happened to you in quarantine?
  • My cat trying to crawl on my screen during Zoom classes.
    7. Favourite plant?
  • Probably succulents.
    8. Tea or coffee?
  • TEA TEA TEA TEA TEA
    9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
  • See above. ;)
    10. WtWers that you admire?
  • You!!! (for your kindness), Ellen J (for the help, sweetness, and intelligence), Anne Blackwood (for the sheer t a l e n t), HelpMe512 (for the bravery <3), and Writers of The World (for the hard work.)

• Ellen J

Questions!
    1. Who’s your favourite author/authors and how do they inspire you?
  • Victoria Aveyard and Holly Black, for their vocab and beautiful imagery, skills, worldbuilding, and talent.
    2. What has been your favourite competition on WtW (user or official) that you’ve ever entered?
  • The playwriting competition or .amelia.'s recent competition.
    3. What sort of dancing do you do and why do you like it?
  • Mainly tap dancing and musical theatre, all though I also used to do ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary, ballet, hip hop, etc. I like tap and MT because I can express myself through them and the stories they tell (sort of like writing).
    4. What theatre production that you’ve been in that you felt you’ve done your best?
  • I was in rehearsals to play Ali in a production of "Mamma Mia!" this year until it was cancelled due to COVID. If not for the cancellation, I'd say "Mamma Mia!". Otherwise, I would say when I played Spiker in "James And The Giant Peach: The Musical". There's just something so exciting about being a villain, especially when you get to crack jokes while you're at it.
    5. Can you hit a top C when you sing soprano?
  • Yes ma'am. :)
    6. Where are you seeing your series Dawn of Fog and Glass heading in the future?
  • Glad you asked, Ellen! ;) (Prepare for another shameless plug). Arden's going to be put through quite a few new challenges regarding 503A, the government facility she has been sent to. She will meet quite a few new fellow conspirators--*coughs*--I mean, friends, and who knows? Maybe she'll meet some she already knew. (I don't want to give too much away, but I hope you like it!)
    7. What new writing styles do you want to try out?
  • Good question. When I did the playwriting competition, I really enjoyed writing the dialogue, so I may want to experiment with more playwriting.

1. What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
  • See above.
    2. What's your favourite animal?
  • Deer, dog, or arctic fox.
    3. What's your favourite colour?
  • Blue. :)
    4. If you could live anywhere in the world (disregarding finances and other practicalities), where would you choose?
  • My cabin, actually. It's so peaceful and beautiful. Otherwise, I'm content with where I live.
    5. What's the weirdest dream you've had?
  • Oh boy. Keep in mind that this is a no-judgment zone, and I was also, like, eleven when I had this dream. I dreamed that there was a new High School Musical movie (idek??) in the making, but Zac Efron didn't show up, so they randomly called in the Rock to play Troy instead?? Partway through filming, he suddenly turned into a fish and dropped into the sewer. Then he was really upset because he was a random sewer fish, so he decided to become the world's first fashion-designing fish that was based in the sewers. (He was surprisingly successful.) Unfortunately, there was another sewer fish that was trying to break into the fashion industry and got jealous of Rock-fish's success, so he poisoned all the sewers. Whoops. The end.
    6. Describe the sky where you are right now.
  •  A brilliant grey-white that blends into the distant mountains.
    7. If you've taken any psychology personality assessments, what were your results? Examples are the Meyers Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland code (RIASEC), temperament type (melancholic, choleric, etc), true colours, and love language (physical touch, quality time, etc).
  •  I'm an ENFJ (or the Teacher/Protagonist) (Meyers Briggs), AIS (Holland Code), and Empath (temperament type).
  • 8. What's your birth order (oldest, youngest, only, etc)?
  •  Youngest of five.
    9. What's your Broadway or movie dream role?
  •  Wow, that's hard. For Broadway, probably Regina from "Mean Girls: The Musical", Anne Boleyn from "Six: The Musical", or Dawn from "Waitress". For movies, I'd love to play Mare Barrow or Evangeline Samos if they ever made a "Red Queen" movie. (I don't know if Universal is still planning on it or not.) :(

1. are you a part of any niche communities?
  • I guess if you count Wattpad as one, then yes.
    2. what is the one thing you'd do if there were no consequences afterwards?
  • Not entirely sure. :(
    4. something you can't stand other people saying?
  •  Anything offensive towards a minority.
    5. something you can't stand about yourself?
  • I don't know. I'm a pretty self-conscious person, so there are quite a few things that I'm self-conscious about. Maybe that's what I dislike most about myself: being self-conscious.
    6. favourite writing trope?
  • See above. ;)
    7. what's your writing process? do you listen to music while you're writing? does it affect it?
  • It depends on the day. I've been diagnosed with ADD, so it'd often quite difficult for me to focus on two things at once, even if it's just music and writing. I have a writing inspiration playlist, but if I'm getting too distracted, I'll turn it off.

• Ollie Octopus

1) Favourite food?
  • Salad with strawberries or blueberries and goat cheese. :)
    2) favourite song at the moment?
  • "Maniac" by Conan Gray.
    3) do you play any instruments?
  • Yes, ukulele and piano. I used to play the viola as well, but I don't anymore.
    Thanks again to everybody that asked me questions! You're all so sweet and I've made some great memories on this website. I've met some amazing people and learned a ton from all of you, so thank you for that. I hope you're having a great day and see you all soon! :)

• delete

Omg you’re such an interesting person, Ellie! You sound like you have so many cute adventures and so many stories to tell. When you’re an old lady, I bet your grandkids are gonna be mesmerised by everything you’ve been through! Thank you so much for answering my questions and reading through the rest, you said that you could speak French. Is this because in Canada one side is French whilst another is English? Sorry if I got that wrong!

• joella

i loved reading your answers :) we have so much in common!!

yay! can I just say that your dream was hilarious and I wish that mine were half as interesting as yours lmao. fellow stranger things fan yay! also you seem hella talented like you sing, dance, write, act, that's amazingg
    (Side note: FOUR SIBLINGS?? Wow, can't imagine how chaotic that must be.)

Oh and thanks a billion for the shout out ^u^

Eek you're like the coolest person ever?? And so multi-talented?? Also, I DIED laughing at your dream. It is so the kind of dream I used to have on a regular basis and still sometimes show up.

Thanks for answering! Boy, I've gotta say, I loved reading about your dream. That was hilarious! You seem like a really nice person. :)

definitely got me hungry with that question about eggs from mia_:). ah, it was so nice to learn more about you! you took mandarin? ah those characters really are a devil to memorize. my parents tell me there's this 'strategy' to learning them but i really don't know. you seem like a really cool person :D

• mia_:)

I LOVE SPIDERMAN! Great answers! <3 Thanks for the shout-out :D