mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

If you're confused, check out The Aureate Bloc!
https://theaureatebloc.wordpress.com/writing-pointers/character-building-part-i/?preview=true

Character Profile (WtW Virtual Summer Camp!)

7
Full Name: Eleanor Harper Anderson    

Nickname: Violet

Reason for Nickname: On her first birthday, she stuck her face in a cupcake with purple frosting and the name stuck

Birth Date: September 5th

Age (when introduced): 14

Strengths: Is a very creative person and thinks outside the box, she is also a loyal friend and presents confidence, though she's insecure 

Weaknesses (because every character is flawed!): Because of her loyalty, she sticks with her friends through betrayals and doesn't try to find new friends. She's also slightly anxious and gets extremely offended over trivial comments and actions (takes things personally)

Greatest Fears: she needs to feel important, even though she's somewhat shy, so her greatest fear is people forgetting about her or leaving her behind. She is also worried about not being good enough when it comes to her music.

Dreams/Aspirations: wants to become a singer when she grows up, but also wants to prove herself because her sister is a talented visual artist who gets a lot of the attention

What makes them angry: hates it when people belittle her accomplishments and also is very passionate about social issues and issues worldwide, considers herself an activist, though she's never really done anything to stand up for what she believes in, being shy

What makes them happiest: She loves music (plays the guitar and sings) and also really loves animals and has a volunteer job at the local shelter

Pet peeves: she hates it when people combine words to make new ones and also loud breathing during tests. 

Important Memory: Winning the talent show in third grade with her singing. Her mom had made her participate to get over some of her social anxiety and, though she still shys away from attention, she misses the praise she got. She can still hear the clapping if she concentrates really hard.

Basic appearance (remember, it's important to go beyond hair and eye color!): Dark brown hair that's slightly wavy and comes down to her shoulders, blue-grey eyes, slightly shorter than average, a very round face and olive skin, wears jeans and old concert t-shirts with high tops, has a small birthmark to the left of her nose, which is slightly smaller than average

Family Structure: Lives with her sister (three years older than her) and mom, grandparents live across the street, but basically live with them, her parents are divorced and her dad lives an hour away, but she still sees him every other weekend. Her mom is very young and she sometimes gets annoyed with how much her friends like her. 
There are endless character development questions you can use to further flesh out your character! I used some from Writers of the World's blog, The Aureate Bloc.  I used their Basic Personality Outline and added some of my own questions as well!

This is for something that is part of Writer's of the World's virtual summer camp! Check it out!

• Tushar Mandhan

'loud breathing during tests. ' I thought i was the only one who find it annoying XD

Replying: Yeah, I totally get that.

Replying: Ah, I see. I don't quote EVERY line, but I'm pretty good. And if it reeeallly bugs someone, I stop of course.

Replying: Oh gosh, if that bothers you, then you would never want to sit next to me or my dad during that movie! We do the same exact thing XD.

Replying: Wow, sounds like fun! For my friends' eighth-grade graduation party, we all watched that movie in her backyard. The only thing, it wasn't really cold, but it was sooo windy, so our blankets and plates and giant beach balls (and even the hammock) kept flying around! It was fun, even if it was crazy.

• Halopoet

Replying: I thanks im sure gonna do that

• Halopoet

Can i get an answer???

• joella

this is so cute! love your character building :) (not to drive you crazy but have you asked about the padlet thing yet? sorry for nagging you!!)

• Halopoet

Heyyyyy this is soo cool. Violet's character profile has made me fallen in love with her. I really liked your pattern and structure so if you don't mind, can i use your outline and Ofcourse mention you in my footnotes?

Cool profile! I have to say, though, Violet sounds a bit like you (I'm not saying that as a problem btw).

• elliem

Reply: of course! That sounds really cool and make sure to lmk when you publish it because I’d love to see it! <3

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

Reply (again) I like horror, dystopian, and sci-fi!

• 4ExtraShotsOfEspresso

Reply from Midnight Thoughts : Thanks for the tip! I'll try keeping a journal from now on! By the way, do you have any book recommendations?