Peer Review by black_and_red_ink (Canada)

A silly wish..

By: ElsaRee

I just wish,
A warm hug when feeling so hollow?
Trust me, it is heartbreaking when such a little thing seems so impossible.
A pat on head, perhaps?
If you think it is such a pathetic wish, then you're lucky and I'm jealous.
A shoulder to lean on?
How does it feel like?
Arms to hold you tight?
Note: Not your own (like always).
Above all, something to let others know that you're broken inside and is hiding it with a weak smile?

No, no.
They shouldn't invent such things. Some things are divine only in their raw nature. Some things aren't supposed to be artificial. Some things are beautiful only when they arouse from a beating heart, not a robot.

I would really,really appreciate feedaback..So please let me know..Love you all <3

I think this app is impossible to create and really shows the limits of technology. You can never feel the warmth of another human's body or feel physically connected to them over technology. This is a wonderful and profound idea. And I like how you explained that such a thing could never exist.

Yes if it were possible to create (but it isn't). It could solve a huge problem if it were real: the problem of loneliness. Loneliness is like a pandemic in our world right now. And I'm not just talking about COVID-19. I believe loneliness was a huge issues even before COVID-19 spread. We feel so alienated from others. We find it hard to make friends and relate to other people sometimes. And that can lead to depression and self-esteem issues in so many people.

You did a wonderful job with playing around with the formatting but I think you can continue to experiment with formatting even more. Get creative with punctuation marks, spacing, capitalization, etc. It will make it really fun for the reader to see your poem on the page if you format it effectively.

Overall this was a highly original and creative piece and a delight to read. I look forward to reading more of your work.