crow_e

23 neurotic crows in a recycled flesh suit.
17 || writes things occasionally

Standing in solidarity with those angry.

head | space

22

teenage insecurity is
bittersweet, 
tastes like lemons and 
dollar-store candy
under your tongue,
blood at the corners of my mouth
that you can’t see
through a filter. 
[it’s from biting my tongue
against everything i want to say] 

ii 
wish i could be happy as
an hourglass girl,
minidresses and fishnets and
cat-eyes in windowglass,
sultry and smouldering at seventeen. 

iii
but i’m a lemon-drop boy,
wannabe, square peg in a round hole,
too much sky between my ears. 
every mirror is from a funhouse
and if i close my eyes 
i can sometimes forget
just how tied down I’ve been,
and you’ll see it too
until i open my mouth. 
  1. I’m not quite sure what I’m trying to say here - any reviews appreciated. 
  2.  I’ll be candid and admit my dysphoria’s gotten a lot worse in quarantine. there’ve been a number of triggers throughout the week and then it all hit at once a few hours ago. i’m alright, just feeling disjointed. 

• morgn

This poem is incredible and I love it! It feels really personal, yet really relatable at the same time. Thank you for sharing it :)

• ★ white mountains ★

this piece is amazing. sending you love <3

• A Rose

You'll be in my prayers about your dysphoria. I know it must be rough. also, of course This is a beautiful poem.

• HelpMe512

Replying: the gang members are basically just the antagonist's servants. Their aesthetic is causing havoc at all costs, and they are just there as the antagonist's extra set of hands. BTW your character profile seems super cool so I might make you less of a side character ;)
    and yes ofc you can use that in a personal work :)

jeez, dysphoria...so sorry that you have to deal with this. here’s to hoping things will look better in the future? the piece is great, though.

• Crazy

Great piece:)

I recommend you listen to Square Pegs by Kelsea Ballerini :)

• mia_:)

I love this! You write so beautifully! And congrats on being an ambassador! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, but hang in there! I'm here for you!! <3<3

• efflorescence

"wish i could be happy as / an hourglass girl" hit me hard as someone who struggles with body dysmorphia, and I think that quarantine is really bringing out the existentialism in all of us. also, i should have said this sooner, but congrats on becoming an ambassador! it's definitely a very rewarding experience, and i think you're perfect for the job <3

• great perhaps searching

i wish i didn't relate so much ahahaha. but really this is so good, especially the part about "too much sky between my ears." in a weird way i get it. i'm too, i don't know, lost in my own world sometimes.

• Just_A_Memory

dysphoria sucks, man. Sorry you have to deal with it <3

• weirdo

oh god i completely understand the dysphoria thing. especially if you're trapped inside the house with transphobes... it's awful. i'm rooting for you to get through it though <3
    and i'm really vibing with this poem. for some reason "lemon-drop boy" just kinda made me nod. like there's something about that, i don't quite know but i love it

• elliemccul

This is so stunning! I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this and I truly hope that things will get better for you. I'm here if you ever need to talk. I hope things are going okay. Congrats on becoming a community ambassador and amazing job with this beautiful piece!