inkandstars

hello!
new beginnings
new names
formerly palindrome but i needed some change
mostly write short stories and prose
nerdy athlete
asexual gray romantic
prepping for NaNoWriMo 2020!!!!!

do what makes you happy. eat what makes you happy. write what makes you happy. be happy! baby you deserve it.
if anybody judges you,
kill them and eat them too

MENTAL HEALTH PSA and a short poem

21
some inspirational crap that has really helped me out
said this earlier
but a year ago i was super insecure and mildly anorexic
that sucked
 but i went to war with myself and i won. i am stronger than i think and so are you

but for anybody out there who feels alone or forgotten
let me tell you some stuff

1. there is always somebody out there for you. a friend you can turn to, an adult, a teacher, heck it sounds dumb but your parents!! are there!! for you!! they want to see you succeed and be happy!!
2. talking helps. don't internalize everything. not everything you carry is your burden. you don't need to be a superhero. it's okay if you save one person, and if that one person is you, you have saved a life
3. you deserve everything good in this world. don't let anybody tell you different. just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you deserve scars on your wrist or an empty stomach. please don't hurt yourself, i love you
4. listening to youtube videos/songs/spoken word poetry by people who are going through what you are feeling is VERY HELPFUL. if you can't or don't want to talk it's okay, let somebody else do the talking for you. i have recommendations if you would like them.
5. you are beautiful/handsome. always. your worth is not defined by your weight/your crooked teeth/your stutter. your worth is who you are and who you can become. which is anything you want to. 
6. if you are feeling under the weather (anxious, depressed, sick for no reason, can't sleep) that is a sign something is wrong. your body is trying to tell you something. listen to it. i was unhappy for two weeks straight and i couldn't sleep, i thought i was being stupid turns out i have anxiety. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY AND YOUR MIND THEY ARE IMPORTANT
7. MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT DEPRESSION IS REAL *say it with me* MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT DEPRESSION IS REAL ANXIETY IS REAL A MENTAL ILLNESS ISN'T JUST IN YOUR HEAD IT IS A LEGITAMATE IMBALANCE IN YOUR HORMONES LIKE SERATONIN AND DOPAMIME MENTAL HEALTH IS SOOOOO IMPORTANT good job everybody spread the word spread the love don't spread germs
8. asking for help doesn't make you weak. please, ask. don't suffer in silence. there are people out there who are rooting for you. if you feel alone, remember i'm on your side!!!!! i've got your back bb!
9. cry if you're sad, laugh if you're happy, smile all the time especially if it freaks other people tf out.
i hope this helped somebody
i want flowers to bloom in my cracks
ivy to spread from my fingertips
to yours

I needed to hear this.
    Thank you.

And honey I'm so glad you know this all applies to yourself as well—and I'm so glad that you are doing better. I know I just "met" you, but already I can tell you're my type of person :) hang in there, okay?

Again, just thank you for this <3 this matters to me more than you could ever know.

• WrenWrites

"i went to war with myself and i won." so so good, this is beautifulllll

• ~wildflower~

Thank you for sharing such an important message!! Congrats on the win, too - you absolutely deserve it!

• Just_Those_Christmas_Memories (#Holidayvibes)

Plus, I’ve struggled with depression and stuff like that, so this piece is really important to get out there. My friends mom believes depression is for adults only. Smh. Some people in this world

Replying: Oh yay!! Yet another member! I’m glad to know that other members of the Church Of Jesus Christ are here ^-^

• ect.13

Yes - thanks for sharing this amazing message :) It's superrrr important and everyone needs to hear it. Hope you're doing well... sending love <3

• Chloe :) <3

This may turn into an essay of a comment and I'll try to keep it short but I have a lot to say! First thing is that this is such an important issue and topic I'm glad you chose it and entered it into my contest!! Second thing is that this is so beautiful, in a kind of strange way and shows that you really truly are an amazing person. I like the framing of the poem to go with the list of tips and guidelines of what to do when you are experiencing mental health illnesses or even just not at your best in terms of mental health. Also I hope you are ok and everything is ok now :)

• mia_:)

So important! Thanks for sharing this important message!

thank you for this! this is so important! and thank you for the encouragement, heh. i hope your mother is doing well! i also had a acl and meniscus surgery, so hopefully i’ll also get to running soon.

• delete

You’re so motherly, friendly and overall a generous and amazing person for posting these guidelines to help others. Your language is so relatable and light, and reading this makes me think that I’m talking to my best friend in the whole wide world. Keep being amazing and help others! You really made me feel better about my body and mood after having a cry at a particularly depressing programme today.

Preach it! XD. In all seriousness, though, this is sooo important.