Peer Review by seaomelette (United Arab Emirates)

Warmth of Fairies' Magic

By: Stone of Jade

“Shh, come on. I don’t want to wake Destec.”
Ellie got up slowly and gave a small yawn. 
    “Is something wrong?”
    “No, no,” Henry said with a mischievous smile. “You’ll see, come on!”
    Henry led her through the trees into an open glade. Tall grass spread across the hill, swaying in the gentle breeze. 
    "Oh!” Ellie gasped. “Look at the stars!” she said gazing up at the night sky. She took a step forward, still looking up. “You can’t see this many from the castle!”
Henry laughed, “that’s not what I wanted to show you.”
    Henry took Ellie’s hand and ran towards the center of the field. They pushed through the tall grass, leaving a small trail behind. Then, from that trail rose hundreds of shining lights. The small lights shimmered and glowed.
    “Fairies!” Ellie gasped. She clutched Henry’s arm in excitement. He laughed as she watched in awe of the thousands of fairies rising all around them. Twisting and twirling in wisps of light, the startled fairies rose from their sleep into the night sky. They lit the field in a mystical glow. 
    Ellie watched in amazement. Never before had she seen such magic and beauty. She broke herself away from Henry and walked through the grass. More fairies rose after each step she took. A few landed on her head and shoulders. Ellie stretched out her hand and one landed on it.The tiny fairy stared at her with such curiosity and kindness. She felt warm, comforted as all her fears and worries melted away; the shadows that lurked in her mind were lit up by the fairies' light. 
    Henry sat at the top of the grassy hill and also watched in wonder. He had seen a few fairies light up flowers or sparkle the trees before, but never in these numbers. It was as if the magical creatures sensed Ellie’s longing for beauty and put on a show in her honor.
    Henry smiled to himself as Ellie walked through the grass. She spun in a circle and laughed as the fairies twirled with her in a spiral of light. A fairy landed on Henry as well. Henry stared at the delicate creature, its shimmering wings and glassy complexion. The fairy sat a long time before it was startled by Ellie climbing the slope. She collapsed next to Henry and leaned against his shoulder, out of breath from her excitement. 
    “It’s amazing,” she whispered. “I never knew the world could be so beautiful.”
    Henry and Ellie sat and watched dawn slowly come to the valley. They didn’t feel tired, only peaceful. The worries of their quest were far from their mind, put at ease by the fairies’ magic.

I've had an idea of fairies being more like fireflies for a while now but this prompt actually gave me an idea for a story!!! So expect to read more of Henry and Ellie cause the wheels in my brain are turning \ (•◡•) /

reediting some old pieces. I did start a story--snippets of scenes at least--but no fully developed plot yet. lmk if you'd be interested in reading some more "sneak peaks" of a story that prob won't come to be (you never know tho)
This was originally for a user-hosted contest/prompt--man i miss those.
have a great night! or day, depending where you are ;)
*small wave*

I really liked the idea of firefly fairies, and I loved your vivid descriptions. I feel like they really convey the magical scenery and wonder of Henry and Ellie at seeing them.

I know this a short snippet in response to a prompt, but it would be awesome if you could expand it into a full-blown story. For instance, you could add more vivid imagery as the scene progresses, so readers are caught up in the mystery and ultimate awe at the firefly fairy valley.

From what I've gathered, Ellie and Henry live in a castle in this fantastical, magical world. I'd love to read more about them! Keep up the awesome work! ^-^