avoiding the big bang

writes abt: books, cats, and self-deprecation
anti -isms and -phobias

my writing is obscure and not very readable. have fun.

Suburban Habits

26
- I do not eat three meals a day - to “food” is to “ice cream,” which asks to be dipped in Hershey’s syrup and then taken to the front porch to watch the rain go down.  I eat with crossed legs as shards of rain scratch my face, and when I stand much later pieces of paint stick to my thighs.  I find remnants of “old house” in the shower later.

- In summer heat congregates in the upstairs.  I become insane after five minutes of being crowded by the touchy carpet and burning walls, and I flee.  My sister is depressed and so she stays in bed all day and lets the heat clog her brain.  She will have dementia when she’s old.

- I am lethargic and require a sitting-down whenever it is possible.  When the sitting-down is completed I stand up and my brain spins in my head.  I am told to lie down and to stretch out my legs this time so the sweat under my knees can drain.  At any given moment I can be found with my eyelids halfway down and my feet curled together on the coffee table.

1

• The Moving Finger Writes

This might be a stupid question, but you mentioned that you’d been on WtW forever as well, but this seems like a relatively new account, so what was your original one? You don’t have to answer if you’re not comfortable with it, just wondering. :)

• Spade

I live in the suburbs, also, and the only thing that I do that is the same as you is not eat three meals a day, but you do you.

may 2020 wtw highlights are live, and you're in them!
    https://bit.ly/2Y5VAMe

• Charisse Marison

I love how this really painted a picture! Amazing work <3

• Ursa

considering I have never lived in the suburbs, the image and sensational effect of this piece was very strong. good work.

• løne wølf

Replying: I'm not sure what you mean by "hate solves everything". I did not express hate, I simply expressed annoyance and disgust in a more aggressive way then I actually feel for the sake of exaggeration. I think I'm going to add a "don't take this too seriously" to the piece as well.

• Pravartika Wankhede

I hope you get featured next Wednesday. Gorgeous piece. I see what you say.

• efflorescence

welcome to wtw! i also live in the suburbs, and i think your imagery summarizes the melancholy yet idyllic nature of suburbs exceedingly well. this piece certainly marks a well-written entrance to the site :)

this is absolutely gorgeous! i’m also a suburbs girl, and wow. your imagery is so vivid and amazing. also, welcome to wtw!

• poetri

Welcome to wtw!
    As a suburban person I felt all of these to my core, so good job. Your use of descriptive language is wonderful. ALSO to answer your bio, it's you're welcome (I'm a huge grammar nerd lol, sorry)
    I can't wait to see more of your work!

Welcome to the community! If you ever need some tips, comment on one of my pieces (so I can get a notification). First hack: Hit enter before typing your piece if you don't want the first letter (or hyphen in this case) to be huge. It can look cool, but it can also mess up formatting.