Cressida

she/her | mixed
aspiring scientist and writer | musician

status: constantly eating cheetos

joined: late april, 2020

It has been a while since I wrote a legitimate piece. Maybe I should be doing that instead of procrastinating by writing random stuff?

50+ followers? You know what that means. Question time that no one asked for! #askthewriter

11
Ladies, gentlemen, and gentlefriends (or gentlepeople, but I just liked the rhyme), the time has come. It has finally arrived, the moment only I have been waiting for....

I reached 50 followers.

And yeah, I know. Many people are reaching 100, 200, 73 million followers (not sorry for that hyperbole), and also SO many people are doing 50 follower Q&A’s, but I really wanted to celebrate and acknowledge this milestone and also all of my amazing followers that are constantly so encouraging of me and my writing. When I came on here, I thought that no one would follow me, and now here we are! Every time someone likes, comments, or follows me/one of my pieces, my heart grows a little, so sincerely, thank you so much.

So... if you have any questions for me, ask me in the comments below! It can be anything from something specific about a piece I’ve written or my favorite food. If I deem it too personal, I just won’t answer it, but don’t be afraid to ask!

Again, thank y’all so much for everything.
~ Cressida (feels so weird to write that as if that’s my name)
P.S. Have a feeling that no one is going to ask questions so if no one does.... that’ll be awkward
P.P.S. I’ll be reposting this a bit so people can see it. Don’t know how long it’ll be open for- maybe until I get enough questions?

may 2020 wtw highlights are live, and you're in them!
    https://bit.ly/2Y5VAMe

• Currently Unavailable

So I am approximately halfway through my Cedric + Hermione series. I am so happy that so many people have enjoyed this series. Thank you so much! Also, I have two new series that I have recently started writing. “Eight People To Go” and “The Academy of Minds.” Be sure to check them out! Thank you for being such a wonderful follower! ;)

• HelpMe512

About my userfiction: Apparently userfiction pieces are getting taken down "to protect people's privacy" so I'm afraid I no longer can host. My original piece has been taken down, so I have to discontinue. I'm very sorry :(

• joella

yayyy congratulations!! so proud to be one of your followers :) I agree with sunny- I really relate to a lot of your pieces about asian-american heritage. here's to 50 more!
    something you wish people knew about you?
    a weird habit you have?
    favorite donut flavor? (I decided I'm conducting a survey)
    if your life was a book, what would the title be?
    if you could only see one color ever again, which would you pick?
    what inspires your writing?
    and finally: what's one question you were hoping someone would ask?

okay i’m baaack!
    favorite wtw pieces?
    favorite types of piece/what you like to see written about on here?
    how’d you choose your username?

• Samina

Embarrassing memory.
    What is your guilty pleasure?
    Any weird food combination that is good enough to try.
    What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
    One thing you could change about the world.
    What’s your biggest fear?
    If you were the President for a day what would you do?
    If you got one superpower what would it be?
    Where do you hope to be five years from now? Ten? Fifteen?
    Congratulations!!

i'm honestly blown away by how quickly the newer generation gains a following - colour me bloody impressed because your talent and way with words means you deserve every single one.

some questions (no pressure to answer them all, this is all good fun anyway):
    what do you want people to say about you most?
    there is a holy sword hanging on your wall that you found on the street last week. describe it.
    there is something following you on your way home from the bus stop. five steps from your front door, you turn around and face it. what does it look like?
    you are dreaming and there is a door in front of you. what do you want to find behind it? what do you expect to find? what do you fear is behind it?
    you are a world-renowned author. what is your pseudonym?
    what does your dream home look like? (e.g. location, interior, who you are living with, etc.)
    if one of your stories were to become a screenplay, which would you choose? who would you have direct your film?
    every so often, you hear whispers only you can hear. do you listen to them? what do they say? would you be surprised if you found someone else who could hear the whispers and discovered where they came from?
    a quote is attributed to you for the ages. what is it?
    every month, you go to the market and buy a witch's wares. what do you buy, and how much do they cost? why are you buying them, and does your family approve?
    what character trope do you think you embody?
    you are descended from a god. how does your lineage present itself?
    there is a rapping at the door, but when you look through the window, no one is there. do you open the door?
    and finally: how are you?

• birthdaycandles

Congrats on the followers, I think I might've been the 50th? Even though I haven't been a follower very long, I'm still looking forward to reading more of your future pieces! :)
    A question hmm let me think...
    What kind of bread would you be? (pita, baguette, muffin, wait is a muffin bread? no i mean the kind of muffin you can slice in half, not the cupcake kind of muffin. yes, that's it. Sliced, a bread roll, tiger bread, umm okay there's probably more kinds of bread out there, but that's all I can think of and now I'm hungry ha)
    Wow sorry for the bread spiel lol!
    Congratulationssss!

• black_and_red_ink

Hey I'm so happy to see you've reached 50 followers. You are very talented and you deserve recognition. Here are some questions I have:
    1. What made you pick Cressida as your pseudonym?
    2. What's your favourite character from fiction?
    3. What's your favourite character that you invented?
    4. What's your zodiac sign?
    5. If you could time travel back to any historical period, what would you pick?
    6. Do you have any pets?

• elliem

What's your favourite piece that you've seen on WtW?
    What's your favourite piece that you've written?
    What celebrity really inspires you?
    Sweet or savoury?
    If you could dye your hair an unnatural colour, what would you dye it?
    Cool tones or bright tones?
    What type of music do you like (and do you have any music recommendations?)

1. Describe the sky right now.
    2. What's a funny/embarrassing story about you?
    3. If you could live anywhere (disregarding finances and other practicalities), where would you choose?
    4. What's your favorite color (and why)
    5. What's the weirdest dream you've had?
    6. If you've taken any psychology assessments, what were your results? Examples are the Meyers Briggs (INTJ, EXTP, etc), Holland code (RIASEC), temperament type (melancholic, choleric, etc), true colors, and love language (physical touch, quality time, etc).
    7. What's your birth order (oldest, youngest, only, etc)?
    8. What's your Broadway or movie dream role?

oh, so so glad to be one of your followers! you deserve it! i feel like i connect with a lot of your pieces that talk about asian american heritage. i’ll come back later with questions, but for now, congrats! you deserve every one of those followers!

Congrats! You deserve it! Also, Cressida, isn't your real name? Lmao i feel so stupid for believing that now. So here goes:
    Favourite band?
    Favourite show?
    Favourite movie?
    Favourite trope in literature?
    Least favorite trope?
    Reason why you haven't peer reviewed this piece yet-? (i'm kidding haha please don't hate me now) https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/166088/version/325682
    Best song you've heard?
    Piece you're most proud of?
    Thing you miss most since quarantine begun?

• mia_:)

Yay! You sooo deserve those followers and I know there will be tons more to come!
    1. Physical appearance
    2. How did you come up with your username?
    3. Funniest thing that has happened to you in quarantine
    4. Spicy foods: yes or no?
    5. Favorite dessert?
    6. Which color do you find most inspiring?
    7. WtWers who you admire?
    8. When did you start writing?
    9. Do you have any pets?
    10. Do you have any siblings?
    11. Personal motto/words to live by?
    12. Other hobbies other than writing?