OpalDove

Hi. I’m Charlotte, and I’m a Lesbian author.
Homophobes stay out.
Thanks.
Atheist.
Don't preach to me.
I won't listen.
Love writing.
Also, my avatar?
Yes that is a drawing I MADE of my dog.
Woof.
Bark.
Rawr.
owo

Hello! I am the fabulous writer known only as -~+Charlotte+~-
I have made some pretty good quotes in my life, so here:
"The world is made of glass and the right words can shatter it to millions"
"Love is not a game but a game board. Play your pieces as you wish."
"I write because i need to release things i cannot bear to show"
"if you stuff your mouth with memories there'll be no room for words"
(that one kinda sucks)
in case you can't tell i made all those up on the spot.
I post everything I write because sometimes there's gold among the dirt
any old-timer can tell you that
<3
love is love
don't be stupid
stay safe
stay real
YOLO 2020 4EVA
WE WILL NEVER DIE

Help me plez!!!!

5
I am running out of inspiration/ideas of what to do on this site. I might be taking a leave of absence until i finish recording my first album song. I really don't want to but I don't know what else to do! Anyway, could you please suggest some prompts in the comments? If you know of any competitions please also link those. It doesn't have to be a WTW official prompt, or any type of official prompt. Just something like "Write a piece without saying the word "the"" or "make a piece inspired by XXX", something like that. A challenge, prompt, competition, anything and everything is welcome. I will be reviewing a select few poems, so if you have a poem i should review of short-medium length, please link it in the comments as well. ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. I will link to your page in the footnote of the piece i make using your challenge or prompt if i use one of your challenges or prompts. :)

sooo yeah! Please link any competitions or poems of short-medium length you want me to enter/review, as well as writing a prompt or challenge if you could. It would be super awesome and help me stay on here for a little while longer. My leave of absence may be inevitable, but I would love to stick around for a few more days. once again, if i make a piece using your prompt i will link your page in the comments, and if i enter a competition that you suggested, i'll do the same with my entry. stay safe. stay real. peace! <3

• May 25, 2020 - 11:49am (Now Viewing)

• Tushar Mandhan

I hope it helps! If you couldn't understand any prompt or need more help, then please feel free to ask me by commenting on any of my piece, All the best!<3

• Tushar Mandhan

Search for 'writers of the world' username, you'd get link to all the user hosted competitions. Also here are some prompts that can help you:
    you fell with love with an extra-terrestrial.
    create an original superhero and supervillain.
    create a world where everything is edible from sky to roads, houses etc, except humans and animals.
    write a drama about struggles of an artist, it could be a struggle to succeed or inspiration.
    write a biological poem, something that connects biology to poetry

• mia_:)

Heyo, Charlotte! So, just wanted to say that writer's block is pretty much inevitable and it freaks me out every time. The way that i get past it is to just write. Write anything. Write about what you ate for breakfast. Write about your shoes or your dog (much cute). If you want some actual piece suggestions, Pinterest is a great place to start! I have a whole board of prompts for a "rainy day". Another great way is to read. You could read stuff on the site or read your favorite book. Stuff like that. Or do something totally non-writing and come back later! No shame in taking a hiatus as well, though I'd love for you to stay!!!! If you want some more official prompts, check out the user-contests! Also, here are some that just popped into my head that you can try.

1. Write about the last time you cried. This doesn't need to be extremely personal (an added challenge if you don't say what you were crying about or even avoiding common words like 'tears' and 'cried' etc)
    2. Look out your window. What is the craziest/weirdest/most beautiful/scariest thing that you can imagine happening out there? Short story idea, I guess, but I know you like poetry so here are a few more.
    3. The way that I usually start a poem is by taking a line that pops into my head and building my piece around it. If ANY of my pieces inspire you, feel free to put on your doctor gloves and use one of the lines to make your own poem (as long as you give credit to the line plz)

If you want any more ideas, drop me a comment and I'd be glad to help out! <3<3

• Samina

If you're not following them already, the Writer of the World account frequently posts a list of all the user-hosted competitions. Here's their most recent one. Newer comps are linked in the comments.

• Samina

• Samina

Hey
    You could try out cherryn's prompt of creating your own word.
    There are many user contests going on which you could try.
    You could check writers of the world's page for more information. I hope it is helpful...