joella

Israel

she/her | high school | wasian | enfp

i sip inked tea in someone else's garden

(formerly ★ white mountains ★)

sunny you forever have my heart and this space in my message box

PSA (please read!)

16
hi! I'm back(ish). my pieces keep on deleting, so this is my final try.
welcome to my meeting room. I have several items on the agenda today so let's get started!

1) the concern and love I've received over my mental health the past week or so has been heartwarming and touching. I'm definitely in a better place right now, and to be needlessly cliche- happiness is a journey, not a destination :) thank you for caring about me. like I said before, I don't want to withdraw from this outlet any longer (I know. it's been like two days since I posted something new. there you go, that's the fluctuation of my mental state in a nutshell); I thought I might need to, but I don't. I'll probably just be active slightly less often. I love you all <3

2) thank you for 100 followers!!!!! I don't know how I deserve this, but the fact that one hundred people on our green earth (well. not really green. on our blue and green and white as seen from space earth) care enough about my writing to read it and constantly support it is just crazy!!! every comment, vote, and especially review honestly makes my day and I'm so grateful for you all :)) every follower who wants a review will receive one for free, so comment down below with a link to your pieces!

3) I usually post poetry because a) people will read it even if it isn't good and b) it's cathartic. I'm more self-conscious about my fiction, especially because it's nothing compared to some of the greats on here. however, I have the beginning of a story idea in my mind that I'd actually like to develop, and would really, really, REALLY love a detailed review (or a few! but that might be asking too much.) I wrote the beginning and would really love feedback, but I know it's not my best work. is there anyone who'd be willing to do a really detailed review for me (you know, not the 5 minute "this was good but add more description" kind?) if I post it? thank you so much in advance!! I'd reciprocate :))

4) people keep asking me so I'm just going to address it (this makes it sound serious. it's not.) I write in lowercase intentionally but capitalize my "I"s because I'm weird like that. lol.

5) if you want to change your life, try peanut butter cookies straight from the oven. no, really. do it. 

thanks for bearing with me (and my chronic parentheses use)! link your pieces to be reviewed in the comments :) <3
shoutout to all those people out there who can sit in the sun for hours and not tan anywhere except for maybe one stripe on their forehead and then have alternating layers of burn and freckle on the rest of their face and lowkey end up looking like tri-color popsicles in the least complimentary way possible

<3<3
    Sorry,I'm late because I was taking a break of my own soooo.....I'm happy you're feeling spic and span!
    1.is that how you spell spic?lol
    2. Yes,I know spice and span means clean but i just wanted to say it hahaha.
    Anyways sending love<3

• delete

Hey there, White Mountains! I'm so glad that you're in a great place now with your mental health, even though we don't know each other too well, it makes me really happy to hear that you're happy. If you want a review on your work, please send it to me. I love reviewing and seeing what people put out there!

Congrats! You deserve all of them. I'd love to peer review that story if you want. I'm happy you're taking care of your mental health too.<3

• bambiamby

i know im a little late but.. congratulations on the followers!!! you're pieces never fail to amaze me. and also..peanut butter cookies straight from the oven is the bom dot com (hehe)

sorry to bother but the link for your caterpillar piece isn't working - would you like to submit again?

replying: i was up at 2:30 am because...uh...i have horrible sleeping habits? lol i was watching a movie in my living room. we’re in the same time zone then! also yes, those were gluten free, mia!!

• birthdaycandles

Congratulations on the followers ^-^
    So glad to hear from you again, here's to many brilliant pieces to come *clinks cookie* cheers!

congratulations! unfortunately, i can't eat peanuts so i won't be taking you up on this peanut butter cookie extravaganza. look after yourself :)

• mia_:)

lol just had a super sad thought. being gluten-free, i probably can't even eat sunny's donuts (unless they're mia-friendly?) haha, let's assume so! *shoves face into powdered sugar donut and laughs maniacally* also, i like cookies even MORE than donuts (but both are delicious* and peanut butter is my life! so looking forward to that one!! <3<3

• poetri

I'm always down for a life change, count me in! And also I love your theater story you gave me thank youuu i laughed out loud (stealthily quiet tech guys are the best)

• joella

hahaahaha too bad there's no way to reply in a comment chain. sunny, mia, let's all share the donuts (and we'll get some cookies for chrys, who is clearly ready to change her life, unlike the rest of us who are sticking with donuts.)

MIA I DEFINITELY SAW YOU AND YOU BETTER REPAY ME THOSE DONUTS lol jk of course i’d share ;)) of course...of course i’d...share...of course i’d share...of cou *bursts into tears*

• mia_:)

Wait. I am questioning my life right now. Do donuts have frosting? Or is it glaze? Or both? Or a combo? The things I ponder in my free time :P

• mia_:)

YESSSSS JO!!! I'm so glad you're back! *steals some of sunny's donuts and regifts them* Taking care of yourself is obvi what matters, but those two days without you were incredibly lackluster and donut free *tries to forget the horrors*. I'm here if you EVER need anything and am working on the Padlet stuff! I might need a bit of help setting up the account because , lol, I'm hecka not tech savvy! Also, congrats on the followers! You deserve every single one of those fabulous supporters and they have superb taste! <3<3<3 *wipes frosting off face guiltily* if you see this, sunny, i'm sorry for taking your donuts but I figured you'd be willing to share . . . LOVE YOU JO!!!!! <3<3<3

1. Yay! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I'll keep praying for you though.
    2. cOnGrAtS.
    3. I suck at reviews so we'll see lol.
    4. Haha ily weirdo.
    5. *is really wishing I were allowed to eat the basic ingredients of cookies*

• Cressida

Congratulations on 100 followers! You’re so talented and obviously completely deserve every single follower you have. And don’t be afraid to share some prose/fiction here! Who knows, maybe you could become one of the fiction greats as well :). And I would be totally willing to peer review for you, no matter how long the piece ends up being. So glad you’re doing better!

replying: oh so sorry! im so bad at checking the dang “I would like peer reviews box”. your peer review would be so appreciated!
    also chrys LOL “i’m ready for my life to change” IN REFERENCE TO THE COOKIE

congrats on 100 followers! i'd be willing to do a review for you, and i'll try my best at it! <3 i'll try those peanut butter cookies ;). i think i'm ready for my life to change.

MY DEAREST!! WELCOME BACK (ISH?)!! *throws you one million donuts* like the predictable person i am i’m like a lost puppy without you on here. so so so happy to hear that you’re getting better in your journey to happiness and so so proud! also congrats on 100 followers! you deserve each and every one!! as for 3, i’m more than willing, but it will DEFINITELY take me a while. coincidentally, i tried to peanut butter cookies! they’re so warm and melt in your mouth! i’m talking too much! i just missed you, i guess. welcome back!!!