Jasmine_K

she/her. 16, i write poetry
if poems disappear they have been submitted to a mag/contest, wish me luck!
est. sometime in 2017

Some sloppy teen angst! Feedback is appreciated :) I write pretty stuff a lot but at the end of the day I'm still a teen yearning for the patriarchy to fall, y'know? Vibes.

vent (a palate cleanser)

10
keep in mind / i am still a teenage / girl / if you / try and peel back my layers / scrub off the poetics / & dim the lights / the world isn’t always pretty / i crave / for the apocalypse / downfall / charli xcx loud as possible / gimme space / video chats & crumpled paper / blue ink scribbles on both of my hands / set my face with hairspray / don’t you forget it / no sunscreen / black bra & a little skirt / lip gloss on post-it notes / i think i will always be / a girl / even when i am / 40 / or underground / daises / i will still be girl / sometimes i am okay / with that and / others i'm not i just / want to run away & grow up / you can’t stop me / he says i’m pretty / i don’t care but / my mom does / so i’ll kiss him / messy / messy / just to spite / her / pour me / another bowl / this time i want more herbs / more / more / more / more dirt / on my knees and / on my elbows / bruises stuck / between my wisdom teeth / we might / detonate / and that’s okay / late nights / with the crew it’s all good / it will always be / in the back of your mind / i am hungering / for blood and chaos / i hate myself really bad / we all do / tbh / it’s fine / starving / a teenage rite of passage / hotel rooms & missed calls / . /

• babybluelamentations

this has definitely cleansed my palate, and i love that last line with every essence of my being

• ★ white mountains ★

wow. I felt this piece.
    the title confuses me, though.