sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

vent piece and super sucky. still tired and in a mood so this is an apology to all the friends that notice how withdrawn i’ve become

to dance and to die alone

17
solitude is a wonderful dance partner, much more graceful than clumsy, unpredictable white noise

loneliness is a waltz that i have learned to perfect
i use the count of my heartbeat, slowing with isolation, to bring myself to its rhythm

the dance floor always looks much more daunting when you are the only one on it

should i apologize for stepping on your toes?
is it my fault, when you picked me out of the crowd and decided the disoriented stumbler should be the one to sway to a foreign tune?
the spotlight mingled with an unsteady tempo is second nature to you, but all that i can feel is an unfamiliar routine

solo dances never feel right, but at the very least, they do not pull my skin tight with unease
maybe i should apologize: for trying to tango on my own as you stood there, and for ignoring your cues when you moved to spin me

i do not like to dance alone
but it is much too late to decide that i should learn how to dance otherwise
loneliness is always so complicated when you bring it upon yourself

• allpda2003

it's 11 pm over here, but this is nice no matter. nice footnote too :)

This is so mournful and makes me think of a ballerina dancing alone. Quite beautiful and flowing.

Replying: Haha, so this is kinda weird for me to admit, but I've been on WtW since April as well, and I'm sort of eager to get to know other writers. So that's why I asked lol. Ik this is super annoying, so I'm sorry lol.

• mia_:)

This is beautiful, Sunny! Wow, how did you get so good? I love how you weaved together two separate subjects so they were connected. I totally relate to this piece and sometimes vent pieces are the most powerful!

• birthdaycandles

I think we've all known a loneliness like this at some point, very poignant, relatable and engaging. Superb work sunny ^-^

• asta

"loneliness is a waltz that i have learned to perfect "--beautiful, and a stunning use of extended metaphor!
    (also don't be too hard on yourself, these are strange times we're living in)

people live to be kinder to other people and sometimes that person is yourself :). you don't have to feel bad for responding late or being unable to reply at the moment or not replying enough. it's ok.
    beautiful work and dance was such a unique yet fitting way to depict this.
    i hope the next decision you make can bring you happiness. <3 <3

• Wicked!

Beautifully written!

I love the metaphor of dance here. It brings across loneliness so perfectly.

• joella

this definitely isn't sucky. vent pieces are always the most relatable. and I completely agree with your footnote <3

• acrosstheuniverse28

I totally relate to the complicated nature of loneliness, and this piece described it beautifully! Love it!